cheeky_5

Reaction score
Hi. Im starting with Reading FC with 1.2m to spend. Who should I buy and sell and who should I take on loan? Your help would be greatly appreciated

Reading FC

Could you post up an image/screen shot for the squad including values. Maybe do the same for the reserves too.

I am stuck in Africa so haven't seen the new game yet but as a lifelong Reading fan who covered them for 6 years as a journalist I can give you some quite specific advice that may or may not work well when converted from real life to the 2012 game.

IRL players like Griffin, Marcus Williams & Church are well worth getting out. Tabb is useful only as back up or get rid of him if you can fetch a decent fee, likewise Noel Hunt who deserves oonly 3rd/4th choice striker role. Harte & Gunnarsson again are only good as back up (see if the latter may want a coaching role?). And believe me there are PLENTY of other reserves that should be sold or released (we have quantity and not quality).

I would say you don't need any GK as Federici, McCarthy and Andersen are all excellent. Also the host of wingers and wide midfielders are OK. Gorkss, Karacan, Leigertwood, Le Fondre, Manset all worth keeping.

Primarily, you should look for a new LB and CB, another CM (creative) and another good striker. I have some names that worked well in 2011 that you could look at, depending on their updated attributes and prices.

Are you a Reading fan cheeky boy/cheeky girl? Will be very happy to help anyway.