Help

• Thread starter Thread starter shane1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1K

shane1

Reaction score
Just got barnsley promoted to the premier league, played 4 matches draw with blackburn 0-0, lost to wba 4-0, lost 5-0 to man city and lost 2-0 to liverpool, im playing 4-2-2-2 and my players are playing rubbish passing ball back to each other and back again and passing it back to goal kepper alot, i played man city and they where too fast for my players to keep up with ive spent over £30 million on players but still no luck any one got any tips want to start winning and getting some points to stay up in premier cheers

When you say 4-2-2-2, do you mean 2 CMs 2wingers or 2DMs 2CMs?

2 fb's, 2 cd's, 1 anchor man, 1 dlp, 1 cm and 3 t's.

You spent a lot. The blending of player might take a time. I guess set up the best formation for your team and insist. it will help.

just set up a new formation 4-1-1-2-2 so hope they play better, how long does it take for the team to blend better togeather?

still havent won not getting any shots at goal the other teams are all over my players.

Try this; 4-1-2-2-1

4 Defenders (LB, CB x2, RB) [Wider players: FB's || Centre Backs: Central Defenders]
1 Defensive midfielder (DM) [Anchor Man]
2 Central midfielders (CM x2) [LCM: Ball Playing Mid || RCM: Advanced Mid]
2 Attacking Midfielders (RAM, LAM) [Winger x2, ATT]
1 Striker (STR) [Advanced FWD]

Looks like this;

---------X---------- Goalkeeper Line
X-----X-----X-----X Defenders Line
---------X---------- Defensive Midfielders Line
-----X------X------- Central Midfielders Line
X------------------X Attacking Midfielders Line
---------X---------- Strikers Line

Agains't the Man City's, United's, Liverpools etc... play with the DEFEND strategy.
Agains't the Aston Villa's, Stokes, Fulham's, Evertons and those kinds of clubs, play the COUNTER strategy.
Agains't the Norwich's, Swansea's and/or clubs that have been promoted with your team play the STANDARD strategy or even CONTROL strategy.

Use the balanced Philosophy and play more towards the direct passing style.
Play disciplined, and make sure your players stick to their position. I prefer playing with drilled crosses, but with clubs in the EPL, play the Float style. Keep closing down on default. Make sure you man mark, stay close to the opposition, dont give them room. If you ever get a goal early, dont completely go defensive to the CONTAIN strategy, just ease it back slightly.

Try this if you want, and let me know how it goes. I cant guarantee anything though, it all depends on the players, and dont worry, they will take time to blend.

Try this; 4-1-2-2-1

4 Defenders (LB, CB x2, RB) [Wider players: FB's || Centre Backs: Central Defenders]
1 Defensive midfielder (DM) [Anchor Man]
2 Central midfielders (CM x2) [LCM: Ball Playing Mid || RCM: Advanced Mid]
2 Attacking Midfielders (RAM, LAM) [Winger x2, ATT]
1 Striker (STR) [Advanced FWD]

Looks like this;

---------X---------- Goalkeeper Line
X-----X-----X-----X Defenders Line
---------X---------- Defensive Midfielders Line
-----X------X------- Central Midfielders Line
X------------------X Attacking Midfielders Line
---------X---------- Strikers Line

Agains't the Man City's, United's, Liverpools etc... play with the DEFEND strategy.
Agains't the Aston Villa's, Stokes, Fulham's, Evertons and those kinds of clubs, play the COUNTER strategy.
Agains't the Norwich's, Swansea's and/or clubs that have been promoted with your team play the STANDARD strategy or even CONTROL strategy.

Use the balanced Philosophy and play more towards the direct passing style.
Play disciplined, and make sure your players stick to their position. I prefer playing with drilled crosses, but with clubs in the EPL, play the Float style. Keep closing down on default. Make sure you man mark, stay close to the opposition, dont give them room. If you ever get a goal early, dont completely go defensive to the CONTAIN strategy, just ease it back slightly.

Try this if you want, and let me know how it goes. I cant guarantee anything though, it all depends on the players, and dont worry, they will take time to blend.

Cheers ill try that, what touchline instructions would you recommend aswell against Man U, City, Liverpool the big team and which ones for the other teams Villa, Stoke etc cheers.

Top Clubs (Man City, Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea & Tottenham)
- Pump Ball into box (you want your players to get the ball in there as much as possible. Try and spark a miracle goal)
- Shoot on Sight (Get as many shots away as possible. This can ease your players nerves. If they do get alot of shots on goal, then you can perhaps un-do this instruction so they then can start working the ball into the area)
- Stay on Feet (You want your players composed, but you dont want them to get knocked off the ball easily. This will let them know that they need to be better in the physical department.
- Hit Early Crosses (Get them in early, you need the team to play the ball in the box as much as possible, and early crosses can catch the big clubs off guard. As we know, City, Arsenal and United's defenses aren't the best anymore)

Mid-Table Clubs (Aston Villa, Stoke City, Everton, Newcastle United & Fulham)
- Pass to Feet (Agains't teams like them, keeping the ball at your feet is key. Retain possession as much as you want)
- Retain Possession (This is up to you, i generally leave it off so the team attacks a little more, but if you do score one or two goals, you could just annoy the opposition and put this on)
- Work the ball into the box (I use this all the time if im either the favourite or we are even, so it's up to you. This will make your team be patient and eventually find a killer ball)
- Look for Overlap (This helps alot, it can get you to the by-line for some good crosses, and will make your opponents over commit)
- Hassle Opponent (This will get your team right in the face of the opposition, and wont give them room on the ball)

Lesser Clubs (Norwich City, Swansea City, Wolves, Wigan Athletic, Bolton Wanderers, Sunderland & Blackburn)
- Get Ball Forward (i use this early on so i can get those quick goals, to set the tone for the match. If i go 1 or 2 up, i might take it off)
- Work the ball into the box (Same as before)
- Look for Overlap (Same as before)
- Pass to feet (Agains't team's like these, if you have your movement on Quick, the transition from midfield to the front will be quicker, and as the instruction says, it will be along the pitch, to the feet)
- Hassle Opponents (you want to get in their face, but hopefully this wont happen too often, as you will have more possession)

I hope this all helps, please let me know how your first game using this tactic goes.

Just had two draw's 1-1 with Stoke and 1-1 against Burnley. So not too bad getting points now. Got Newcastle at home next and then Chelsea away a televised match what would you recommend going in to those games? Cheers

Last edited:
Woops, sorry, i posted my tactics for the newcastle/chelsea games before i left to get my passports, musn't have gone through. Well you got a point again, it's positive. Id take a point against Chelsea too.

I suggest playing with the Defense strategy, just hold them up and frustrate them. Hopefully you can hassle them enough to get in behind and ****** a goal.

I suggest strongly on starting with the node for defensive line in the middle, then gradually ease it to deep as the game progresses, as chelsea will tire you out.
Good luck man!

Oh also, you can tweak the line-up by bringing one of your central midfielders come back and play as a second anchor man in the DM position. This might work better agains't Chelsea.

Could you post a screenshot of your lineup, with the players in their positions so i can see how it looks. Might be a bit more help if i can see that.

My squad:

attachment.php

Also got:

Raheem Serling
Shaun Wright Phillips (out injured)
Antony Stokes
Gabriela Torje
Whilfried Zaha

and got Adeboyer & Micheal Turner coming when January transfer window opens.

Just won against Newcastle 1-0.

Last edited:
Also my assistant manager keeps saying he is worried about match prep i've got it on very high and attacking movement i thought that would be good enough?

Just lost against Chelsea 3-0, Rodriguez had a few one on one chances against the keeper but put them wide.

Anyone recommend what tactics and what players to use from my squad? Teams playing good just cant get a win :(

Back