Henry disputes 'dirty' Wolves tag

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Wolves' Karl Henry says he has been the subject of "unfair" accusations and defends his team against criticism of their committed style of play.

More...

Thought it meant T.Henry.. Was so disappointed to find out they mean Karl Henry..

If you want an ambassador for clean tackling for your team, Karl Henry is an excellent choice.

Some boffin should do an injury count against teams. Wolves would be right up there. Granted football is a contact sport but they do tread a very fine line between physical and dangerous.

We are physical but as Mick said we don't ***** when our players get tackled. We have had a player sustain a broken leg in a game against Villa as well.

This whole 'Karl Henry kickergate' stemmed from MOTD and their editing against the tackles on Joey Barton, but they were very selective and didn't show him taking out van Damme which he was subbed after. That game their was one bad tackle on Joey Barton, the others were hard but he won the ball each time.

The tackle on Zamora wasn't even given as a foul, it was just an unfortunate accident. I can't defend him against Wigan, that was totally reckless and desereved a longer ban.

Henry has only two red cards in his career, so hardly the thug he is being made out to be.

Very rarely i agree with Wolves fans... although every Wolves fan i have spoke to has totally defended Henry and not got on his back like some bumbling idiots i heard on the way back from a Blues game on local radio calling him a disgrace and should never play again after the Wigan game.

Henry is one of very few, rare commodities in the game of tough tacklers, he is a credit to his profession
And great stat by the wolvo fan ^^ two red cards!! how many great tackles has this lad made that have gone practically unnoticed except for the wolves faithful?!

media is all about negativity and plays way too big a role in the reputation of players!

however i think it depends on what club you support will determine on what you think about this lad

We are physical but as Mick said we don't ***** when our players get tackled. We have had a player sustain a broken leg in a game against Villa as well.

This whole 'Karl Henry kickergate' stemmed from MOTD and their editing against the tackles on Joey Barton, but they were very selective and didn't show him taking out van Damme which he was subbed after. That game their was one bad tackle on Joey Barton, the others were hard but he won the ball each time.

The tackle on Zamora wasn't even given as a foul, it was just an unfortunate accident. I can't defend him against Wigan, that was totally reckless and desereved a longer ban.

Henry has only two red cards in his career, so hardly the thug he is being made out to be.

Lol. McCarthy didn't ***** about Cesc's tackle because he couldn't. Henry and Milijas made two challenges that game which were at least as bad if not worse than Fabregas' - Again, MOTD conveniently edited these out and focused on Fabregas' tackle.

Lol. McCarthy didn't ***** about Cesc's tackle because he couldn't. Henry and Milijas made two challenges that game which were at least as bad if not worse than Fabregas' - Again, MOTD conveniently edited these out and focused on Fabregas' tackle.

which is ridiculous!

much like eboue's karate kick against ourselves? not on motd...

but i think from whatever is said Henry has a fantastic point! he has made a couple of tackles and now wolves become the bad boys

jack wilshire, terrible challenge on zigic! arsene says hes not that type of player and the issue goes away why shouldn't it go away for wolves?

I'm not sure what Milijas tackle you are referring to but for the Henry tackle, yes his studs were up but he won the ball first. The ref once again didn't give a foul for the tackle on Arshavin. I think Arshavin's reputation was the reason for this.

We might not have the most talented in the league but you wont see our players roll around and dive and feign injury as our manager wont allow it.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

which is ridiculous!

much like eboue's karate kick against ourselves? not on motd...

but i think from whatever is said Henry has a fantastic point! he has made a couple of tackles and now wolves become the bad boys

jack wilshire, terrible challenge on zigic! arsene says hes not that type of player and the issue goes away why shouldn't it go away for wolves?

I got to agree with what you said about Wiltshire, I'm sure if he does it again he will be labelled the same as Paul Scholes "it's ok because he just can't tackle" which is ridiculous when most of his tackles are clumsy and reckless.

I'm not sure what Milijas tackle you are referring to but for the Henry tackle, yes his studs were up but he won the ball first. The ref once again didn't give a foul for the tackle on Arshavin. I think Arshavin's reputation was the reason for this.

Oh, so it's all right for the studs to be up if he wins the ball first? No.

We might not have the most talented in the league but you wont see our players roll around and dive and feign injury as our manager wont allow it.

So that makes it alright then.

I got to agree with what you said about Wiltshire, I'm sure if he does it again he will be labelled the same as Paul Scholes "it's ok because he just can't tackle" which is ridiculous when most of his tackles are clumsy and reckless.

I don't see anybody condoning Scholes's tackles, it is universally accepted he's a bad tackler and a slightly dangerous one at that.

I've long sinced learned that MOTD is not to be trusted. Shearer doesnt have a clue what he is talking about and jumps on the bandwagon of what everyone else is saying. They blew everything out of proportion and took out Henry's tackles from the game to make him look bad. I bet they conviniently didnt show 4 or 5 other tackles he got right that game. I bet there have been players this season that have commited more fouls in a game than Henry.

Don't Arsenal have one of the worst disciplinary records this season?

at the end of the day wolves are tough tacklers, but henry is reckless. He's not dirty, but hes reckless, and he needs to realise that

Back