Milleg9

Reaction score
200px-Rupelboomlogo.gif

Today a Strange Development in Belgium when Belgian Third Division club were the first European club to hire a manager solely based on yeah you guessed it their Football Manager Career.

Gavin Miller an unknown Scottish lad has sparked a media frenzy in Antwerp with coverage from All over the world looking at this shock appointment.

Miller has today held his first Press Conference which actually had a small feature on Sky Sports News

View attachment 331101

Q: "How does it Feel Gavin to be taken charge of a club for real?"

A:"It is literally a dream come true , I feel that coming to a football club with a fresh pair of eyes and an open mind will be the turning point"

Q: " What will you class as success with Rupel Boom?"

A" European football within 5 years, A title within 7 years"

Q: " do you think that this will seriously work out?"

A: " I have a track record of success , Don't make me load up my Dnipro Save turned them into the best team in the world ha ha - seriously thought I would not have moved Country , Gave up my job if i did not think I could do it"

Miller also gave a quick run down of his team

View attachment 331100

"We have a couple of exciting Young Players here at the boom"​

View attachment 331097
Jesper Otte

"Good young Goalkeeper came through the same youth set up as Players such as Marc Overmars , Jaap Stam , Moussa Dembele at Willem II and we think he has the potential to be a very good player"

View attachment 331096

Alexander Bell

"I could not believe it when they told me there was another Scot at Boom in Alex , He moves to Belgium as a young kid and was only released by KV Mechlen last year , Has played for Scotland at Under18's level , I think this is a massive bonus for the both of us"

And that concludes the Opening part of the story...
(Next update will be Pre season and Tactics)

Please give Feedback on anything I think this will be really good to follow or I will try to make it exciting anyway​

Last edited:
I had a fun save with Oudenaarde in the belgian 3rd tier a few years back, will def follow this. Are "the boom" semi pro or amatuer?

I had a fun save with Oudenaarde in the belgian 3rd tier a few years back, will def follow this. Are "the boom" semi pro or amatuer?

Yeah the Belgian league has a lot of scope for development with the amount of young talent! Here at the boom we are Semi Pro and a 1.5 star club! hoping to be Pro and at least 2.5 within 2 seasons!

Next update coming tonight , Feedback is always good mate so thank you!

Pre season and Tactics

View attachment 330797

"I like my team to be very fluid in terms of the transition between Defence and attack and with the way the players are positioned This gives us the best possible balance with our approach to the game"

View attachment 330795

" A high pressed , Patient ,free Flowing attacking team is how I would describe ourselves "

"If we make the opposition play the long ball it gives us greater chance of being able to recover and retain the ball"

View attachment 330792

"Pre season was a mixed bag with some good performances but mixed results , Kind of what i expect from pre season I was impressed with the way we played against Aalst and Roselare who are in the Belgian second division above us"

View attachment 330791

"We look to get a lot of touches of the ball and try and keep the ball in play as much as possible and refrain from long range shooting and wait until we have a clearer opportunity at goal"

Transfers

"We don't have much resource to be honest so we have had to rely on a couple of players coming in on loan but they have came from Anderlecht and Genk so two of the best youth systems in the world never-mind just Belgium so i can live with that"

View attachment 330786

"Herve is someone I am delighted to have and to con all the potential Football Manager terminologies yeah I think he is going to be a wonderkid for us"

View attachment 330785

"He likes to play the ball out from the back and is as solid as a rock at the back for a 18 year old and can play in front of the center backs as well which gives us options!!"

( Next update will contain early season reporting)