Hernandez form impresses Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 955

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Striker Javier Hernandez could become "a major influence" at Old Trafford, according to Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan.

More...

I think he will be decent. Don't see him being outstanding in his first season personally.

From what I seen, he's a bit small and I wonder whether he can adapt to the physicality of the premier league. He doesn't offer much except for scoring goals, a bit like Defoe I suppose, just a poacher.

From what I seen, he's a bit small and I wonder whether he can adapt to the physicality of the premier league. He doesn't offer much except for scoring goals, a bit like Defoe I suppose, just a poacher.
I expect that's what Ferguson was looking for though, a goalscorer and nothing more.

I expect that's what Ferguson was looking for though, a goalscorer and nothing more.
this, its one of the three things we need. we also need someone on the left and someone who can play through the middle, though i still have high hopes for anderson after he returns from injury

he looks a decent finisher, ov corse i hope he fails for obvious reasons but he has impressed me from what iv seen so far.

he looks a decent finisher, ov corse i hope he fails for obvious reasons but he has impressed me from what iv seen so far.
it gives us more movement up front, as it'll allow rooney to drop deep and drag people out of position, create space behind for hernandez, since hes far more mobile than berbs

this, its one of the three things we need. we also need someone on the left and someone who can play through the middle, though i still have high hopes for anderson after he returns from injury
Will Anderson be ready for the start of the season?

it gives us more movement up front, as it'll allow rooney to drop deep and drag people out of position, create space behind for hernandez, since hes far more mobile than berbs

it looks like that hernandez is a young michael owen type player, and if it is so we all remember the rooney-owen partenership back in 2004 dont we.

Yes if Anderson is given license to roan like he was at Porto then creative mid fielder problem will be solved. It might not be as fruitful as we want now, but in the long run it will save us fortunes.

For left winger, i am very confident Nani will be as good as he was at right. In the game against Bolton last season, he made 2 assists with 2 dummies, one he passed with left foot and one with Right. He will be so unpredictable as left winger,, it will give opponents lot to think about. If Valencia can somehow learn to play as left winger then our wing play will be joy to watch.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

it looks like that hernandez is a young michael owen type player, and if it is so we all remember the rooney-owen partenership back in 2004 dont we.

Or maybe he might be like Saha and we know Rooney Saha partnership dont we?:)

Yes if Anderson is given license to roan like he was at Porto then creative mid fielder problem will be solved. It might not be as fruitful as we want now, but in the long run it will save us fortunes.

For left winger, i am very confident Nani will be as good as he was at right. In the game against Bolton last season, he made 2 assists with 2 dummies, one he passed with left foot and one with Right. He will be so unpredictable as left winger,, it will give opponents lot to think about. If Valencia can somehow learn to play as left winger then our wing play will be joy to watch.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

yer that was pretty good, its the reason why i hate saha now lol, he always scores against chelsea.

thats just it. valencia can only use his left foot to stand on. its nothing to do with nani, he was very good 2nd half of last season. this is more about putting back that unpredictability we have lost. 2/3 of oour attack cames down the right hand side, and despite scoring more goals, we still had 6 goalless games in the league compared to 1 the season before,

thats just it. valencia can only use his left foot to stand on. its nothing to do with nani, he was very good 2nd half of last season. this is more about putting back that unpredictability we have lost. 2/3 of oour attack cames down the right hand side, and despite scoring more goals, we still had 6 goalless games in the league compared to 1 the season before,

Maybe we are have some misunderstanding regarding Nani. I meant he was excellent in the 2nd half of the season and in few games from left side he was unpredictable. Dummy, cross with left, then one more dummy then cross with right. It was joy to watch.

And Lol Valencia did try 2 crosses (Which i remember) and one shot on targer with left foot. I know what you meant, just his left leg is not as useless after all XD

Maybe we are have some misunderstanding regarding Nani. I meant he was excellent in the 2nd half of the season and in few games from left side he was unpredictable. Dummy, cross with left, then one more dummy then cross with right. It was joy to watch.

And Lol Valencia did try 2 crosses (Which i remember) and one shot on targer with left foot. I know what you meant, just his left leg is not as useless after all XD
lol maybe not utterly useless, but his left leg doesnt offer much, certainly not if you are looking for two wingers swapping flanks like were used to.

re nani agree, when i say unpredictablity im talking about the team in general. our attcks are heavily baised towards the right when before they came from all areas of the pitch, which made us hard to defend against and pinned teams back.

it will be interesting to see what shape we line up in

lol maybe not utterly useless, but his left leg doesnt offer much, certainly not if you are looking for two wingers swapping flanks like were used to.

re nani agree, when i say unpredictablity im talking about the team in general. our attcks are heavily baised towards the right when before they came from all areas of the pitch, which made us hard to defend against and pinned teams back.

it will be interesting to see what shape we line up in

Yes, so our best football was played in 2006-07 season when Ronaldo and Giggs were swapping wings. I feel SAF will address this. I mean now Valencia knows what is it playing fot United and he had whole summer to improve his weaker foot. Improve means i dont expect him to shoot from 3 yards but to an extent where he can cross from by line.

Oops we are going off topic..

Chicharito FTW..........

i think im gonna reserve my judgement on hernandez because i only seen him score a couple of easy goals so we'll see what he has to offer, hes young so he should be lively and hopefully exciting

i think im gonna reserve my judgement on hernandez because i only seen him score a couple of easy goals so we'll see what he has to offer, hes young so he should be lively and hopefully exciting

Not exactly easy goals. The goal against Argentina was Class and if someone like Messi/Rooney?Ronaldo had scored that kind of goal then many would have wowed for weeks ;)

Not exactly easy goals. The goal against Argentina was Class and if someone like Messi/Rooney?Ronaldo had scored that kind of goal then many would have wowed for weeks ;)

That goal was pretty good, but not amazing. Nobody would have raged about it for very long regardless of the scorer.

Yes, so our best football was played in 2006-07 season when Ronaldo and Giggs were swapping wings. I feel SAF will address this. I mean now Valencia knows what is it playing fot United and he had whole summer to improve his weaker foot. Improve means i dont expect him to shoot from 3 yards but to an extent where he can cross from by line.

Oops we are going off topic..

Chicharito FTW..........
to be honest i dont see much change coming from valencia, hes been like that all his career, he wont learn to use his left foot in one season, though i would be very happy to be proved wrong

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

That goal was pretty good, but not amazing. Nobody would have raged about it for very long regardless of the scorer.
agree good goal, but not utterly amazing, was more impressed by his touch and movement off the ball. also he's stronger than he looks so i ahve good hopes for him, though i dont expect himto be some sort of superstar, just someone who can take the burden off rooney, if he gets 15 goals ill be very happy

Back