Reaction score
Leicester City​

A video to Inspire my challenge

YouTube - Heroes In Blue & White - Dave Henson
Pre-Season Results​

Barnet United 1-0 Leicester City

Hinckley United 1-5 Leicester City (Adi x2, N'Guessan, Fryatt, Dyer)

Leicester City 3-1 Kilmarnock (Waghorn, Oravec, Fryatt)

Leicester City 3-0 Chelsea (Sturridge o.g, Wellens, DeMerit)

Rotherham 0-2 Leicester City (Waghorn, Fryatt)

Crawley Town 0-2 Leicester City (B.Kalou, Oravec)

Pre-Season Review

I am pleased with the pre-season we have had. Our fitness and sharpness have increased throughout pre-season and i believe the lads are ready to go. i am sticking to the tried and tested 4-4-2 formation as i believe this will benefit the players i have at my disposal

Postives: Form in Pre-Season/Beating Chelsea

Negatives: Losing against Barnet

Other News. Peter Shilton is the New Goalkeeping Coach for Leicester City.

Here is the transfers i made and the first team squad

Augusts Results will follow....

Last edited:
August 2010

View attachment 118707

1ST game of the season and was really hoping for a win. decided to go for a possesion based tactic where we hold onto the ball and play short simple passes.... end result was 2-0 and was very pleased with the score.

View attachment 118708

Carling Cup 1ST Round and a home tie against Macclesfield. Being at home i really wanted to show the fans how much the team had progressed and i told them to go out and do this for the fans, 5-0 full time score and the fans went home ecstatic.

View attachment 118709

My 2ND game in the championship was against Hull. Hull had a point to prove after been relegated from the Premier League last season. Things didn't start well for us as Miguel Victor was unfortunate to put through his own goal. We really never recovered until half time when i told the players thats although its early in the season i expect more from you. The message was well received as Darius Vassell equalised, howver just a few minutes later we were behind, only to equalise once more. Matty Fryatt getting on the score sheet.
Both teams went for it but in the end a draw was a fair result.

View attachment 118710

In this game we took complete control and comfortably won 3-0. Millwall did not manage a shot on target and with Andy King's free kick and a brace from M.Fryatt another 3 points were going to Leicester.

View attachment 118711

The 2ND Round of the Carling Cup drew us against Barnet United, a relatively easy tie but going into the game i warned the lads about being complacent. The team duly delivered a brilliant 4-0 win and to be fair to the lads they could of got 8 or 9.

View attachment 118712

This game would see my first defeat as Leicester City manager. A woeful performance and we deserved to get absolutely nothing out the game, i told the lads that despite the rubbish performance we had to play Swansea in two days and we must turn our attention now to that.

View attachment 118713

A second defeat in two days but this game was much closer then our last game against Sheffield United. It was a typical end-to-end match and we were bitterly unlucky to concede so late on. I sympathised with the lads and told them that despite the result, the performance was much better.

Review of the month.

After starting well we lost our form in the last week of the month. I am generally impressed with the squad i have at my disposal and i will be looking to push on in September.

View attachment 118714

yes a leicester story! on my leicester save im 1st atm, vassell will do wonders as well as lansbury and demerit. i got a few others aswell, try and get eagles, but mainly Leigh Griffiths, youngster from dundee, hes awesome:)