Hero's Galaxy - In an Alternate Universe

• Thread starter Thread starter solohero
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4K

solohero

Reaction score
I have been silenting trolling on the boards for a long time. Thus decided to give this a try. LOL.

Since I am a fan of Tottenham Hotspur, I suppose I'd pick a London club from the BSP or BSS. After much deliberating...

IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE…

HAYLOCK AND UNITED PART COMPANY

With immediate effect and by mutual agreement, Garry Haylock has vacated the position of manager of Hayes and Yeading United Football Club.

Garry leaves the role as first team manager after four years, having been appointed as the inaugural manager of the then newly formed club in May 2007. The Board of Directors and all at the club would like to place on record their grateful thanks to Garry for his services and wish him all the best in his future career.

Derek Goodall, Chairman of Hayes and Yeading United FC added:

"As the first manager of the club and having led United into the top tier of non-league football and maintained that status in the last two seasons, Garry Haylock will always have place in the club’s folklore."

Garry Haylock said:
"It has been a pleasure to manage Hayes and Yeading United FC and Yeading FC previously and I would like to thank Phillip Spurden, Tony O'Driscoll and Derek Goodall for the opportunity, I wish the club well in the future and am delighted this parting is on amicable terms."

Following several discussions in the close season, the parties agree that with a challenging season ahead it is in all interests to part on good terms and head their separate ways before new season preparations are fully underway. The club in operating with reduced income streams during their groundshare at Woking FC
will be looking for fresh impetus this season and Garry moves on looking for a fresh challenge.

Hayes and Yeading United FC have already actively begun to identify potential candidates for the vacant post as it prepares for its third season in the Blue Square Bet Premier. No timescale has yet been placed on the process as the club wish to make sure that the correct candidate is appointed, but hope to progress matters swiftly in order to give the new manager the best possible chance to prepare fully for the new season ahead. Until a new appointment is made first team affairs will be handled by Director of Football, Tony O’Driscoll.

Feedback and comments are always appreciated.

MANAGER SEARCH UPDATE
The Directors of Hayes & Yeading United were very pleased with the quality of applicants for the vacant Manager's position and from these have drawn up a shortlist of candidates to be interviewed. Interviews will take place very shortly and an announcement will follow from the Board once an appointment is confirmed.

AND A FEW DAYS LATER…

UNITED HOTSEAT FILLED Hayes and Yeading United FC are pleased to announce the appointment of Sammi Cheng to the position of First Team Manager as the club heads towards its third season in the Blue Square Bet Premier Division.

As one of the brightest young coaches in the national game, the club hopes Cheng's appointment sends out a message of intention to the football world that Hayes and Yeading United Football Club continue to build and work towards their goal of becoming a Football League club.

On looking to appoint a new manager Hayes and Yeading United were adamant that they would stay close to their beliefs of giving a young manager a chance to develop and shine. A former player for Spurs Ladies and England women’s national football team superstar, she is well known throughout the game.

39 year-old Cheng gained her UEFA Pro Licence in 2008, graduating alongside the likes of former Manchester United midfield general Roy Keane and New Zealand international boss Ricki Herbert. A highly sought-after and well-connected coach, during her time at Spurs she worked alongside managers Juande Ramos and Harry Redknapp. She has also worked with the Tottenham U-18 team.

Supporting Cheng in her new role will be Tristan Lewis as Assistant Manager. Lewis holds a degree in Sports Industry Management and Football Studies and has worked at the Wycombe, Reading and John Madejski academies seeing several young players progress through into the professional game.

Upon taking up the appointment Cheng said: "I'm really looking forward to the opportunity. It's a great chance for me to build upon my reputation and be part of developing a club that will have a very exciting future."

Hayes & Yeading on Wiki
Official Website

It is MY alternate universe after all. LOL (H)

PRE-SEASON UPDATE
Sammi Cheng and Tristan Lewis have come up for air after a busy opening week in their roles planning United's season ahead. In so doing they have revealed their list of pre-season games.

Leveraging on Cheng’s influence and contacts, United has a treat for their fans! Our pre season will begin with a Sammi Cup league competition at home to Doncaster, Birmingham & Wolves. Following which we play host to Leeds, Hull, Watford, Brentford and Southampton before concluding our pre season at home to Blackburn Rovers. All these teams are big names and it will be obviously exciting to test ourselves against them.

PRESS CONFERENCE
BBC London: You sit here as the new manager of Hayes & Yeading. Is this your dream job?
Cheng: I am please that the chairman has entrusted me with this position.
Pitchero Non League: Your appointment has come as a shock to a lot of people who traditionally view football as a ‘man’s game’. Do you think sexism exists in football?
Cheng: It definitely exists in places.
BBC London: There are very few women involved in football and even fewer have tried to make the step up to management. Surely it will be tough on you being one of the few women around?
Cheng: I would like to think that my qualities as a manager will overcome such issues.
The Non League Paper: Will there be many changes?
Cheng: Everyone will have a chance to prove that they are worthy of being here.
Pitchero Non League: Many tip your team for a return to the BSS this season. What do you have to say about that?
Cheng: They will be surprised. (Looking visibly annoyed)
BBC London: How involved do you intend to be in the running of the club?
Cheng: I’m going to reshape this club from top to bottom. Thank you but I have many things to do to get my team ready so that will be all for now.

FIXTURES ARE OUT
Hayes and Yeading United have been given a challenging opening set of fixtures as we start the new campaign with a visit to Luton Town. This is quickly followed by a Tuesday night home game to face Lincoln with a long Saturday trip to Fleetwood Town four days later.

- Next to come, pre-season transfers plus friendly results!

PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES
United weren’t able to overcome their highly fancied opponents Birmingham, Doncaster and Wolves in the Sammi Cup but were able to claim a creditable result against Wolves, getting a 0-0 draw, which left the fans happy.

In the next friendly vs Leeds United, we were having to withstand a heavy Leeds barrage but we managed to get through with a 1-1 draw with a goal from Pierre Joseph-Dubois.

Although we did not manage to overcome any of our illustrious opponents, we did give a generally good account of ourselves.

We did have an encouraging result, with us drawing to parent club Brentford in an entertaining 3-3 draw.

PRE-SEASON TRANSFERS
United are pleased to announce the captures of Frank Sinclair, Francois Kompany, Omar Koroma, Samba Kanoute and Yann Nsaku. Ryan Blake and Duran Reynolds joins us from loan from Brentford and D&R respectively.
sinclair_280x390_436962a.jpg

media_xl_4268167.jpg

oj-koroma-s.jpg

47983_ori_samba_kanoute.jpg

Additionally, Joe Gritt, Hector Mackie, Ben Galdwin, Daniel Wishart, Tom Collins, Joe Gritt, Curtis Ujah and John Diak were allowed to pursue their football careers with other clubs. We wish them well in their future.

Onto the season!

RESULTS
Luton Town 2 – Hayes & Yeading United 4
Media pundits are claiming a triumph of tactics for the Hayes & Yeading United manager after defeating Luton Town 4-2.
Luton 2 - 4 Hayes & Yeading - Match Highlights - YouTube

Hayes & Yeading United 2 – Lincoln City 1
Joseph-Dubois made amends, scoring a late winner after he had given away a penalty for Lincoln to equalize.
Hayes & Yeading 2 - 1 Lincoln - Match Highlights - YouTube

Fleetwood 1 - Hayes & Yeading United 2
Hayes & Yeading scored 2 goals before Fleetwood’s Magno Viera pulled one back late on.
Fleetwood 1 - 2 Hayes & Yeading - Match Highlights - YouTube

Hayes & Yeading United 1 – Alfreton 0
An expected victory but United should probably have scored a few more.
Hayes & Yeading 1 - 0 Alfreton - Match Highlights - YouTube

AFC Telford 0 - Hayes & Yeading United 1
New signing Michael D’Agostino scores a late goal to give United the win!
AFC Telford 1 - 2 Hayes & Yeading - Match Highlights - YouTube

Hayes & Yeading United 2 – Southport 0
A highly polished performance saw H&Y overcome Southport.
Hayes & Yeading 2 - 0 Southport - Match Highlights - YouTube

TRANSFERS
United completed a transfer coup by signing Dmytro Parfenov, Bryan Hughes and Markus Hiden, all 3 good players with international caps. Additionally, we have also captured a young and fast right winger, Michael D’Agostino to bolster our right wing options.
60617_dmytro_parfyonov.jpg

bryan-hughes.jpg

243955_i.jpg

Michael_D'Agostino[1]_633579506785625000.JPG

When interviewed, Sammi Cheng had this to say:

“Maybe many people don’t fancy us to achieve anything this year, but I definitely will have my own say about that. Obviously the lads that joined me do subscribe to my vision and I’m happy with the squad now. That having said, I never stop to look for ways to improve the team.”

On the outgoing side, Jerome Federico, Luke Williams and Ryan Crockford had been released from the club. We wish them well in their future endeavours.

SUMMARY OF AUGUST
United, though relegation candidates at the beginning of the season find themselves on top of the BSP after 6 straight wins and playing superbly. Surely it will not last any longer?

Additionally, the H&Y squad had been overhauled and we find 10 players being replaced with seemingly better quality players.

Last edited:
Back