hey fm base :) how long have u bin playing football manger/ championship manager

• Thread starter Thread starter Matt Allen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 1K

Matt Allen

Reaction score
how are u all ive bin playin championship manager since football manager italia on the amiga i was hooked back then and have bin ever since and played every championship manager / football manger since then , how long have you guys bin playing

Ever since the first champ man came out, hardcore :D Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Football manager and numerous other footy management games on the Spectrum in the 80s

Championship manager and Premier manager on the Amiga 90s

Championship manager (under SI) and football manager on the PC after that.

Football manager 2012 was my first FM.

Football Manager on the Commodore 64 was my first. Safe to say my homework was rarely completed. Which showed on my exam results lol

I played Football Manager 2007, but never really got into it.

Football Manager 2008 was my first serious time investment from the series, and my play time has decreased year by year since then.

Now you're asking, 87 I started.

Started with the Spectrum like JP, classic titles such as Euro Boss, Footballer Of The Year, FA Cup and Football Manager (Kevin Toms is a legend)

Then the Amiga from CM 93, 94, EOS, 95, Italia, etc etc, there was nothing like sending your cheque off and awaiting the knock on the door before sitting for 25-30 minutes waiting for your new game to load.

Is it just me, or were we just much more patient in those days?

Kevin Keegans player manager Snes 93 It was a terrible game really, but I used to spend hours playing it. I never had an Amiga but I remember my mate brother let us play on his Amiga which was a treat as he never let anyone on it. He had a game called Premier manager I played on it for an hour or so I was just hooked! I did not want to get an Amiga just for that game plus I did not have the money. I had a Snes and a Megadrive the next good manager game that came out was Premier Manager on the Megadrive some 5 or six years after the Amiga version!! I loved Premier Manger on the Megdrive it was really easy.

I miss the old corny graphics of the old manager games. The modern manager games can feel like you are just clicking on some spreadsheet.

I started playing in 2009, when I bought FM 2009 :D I never really got into it though. With FM10 I gave it a shot once more and since then, I have been addicted. My very first football game was FIFA 98 though on the original Playstation. :)

My first one was CM 01 which I got free with me Michael Owen Cereal :D (Which actually made my play like Owen! Or so my 7 year old 8 year old brain convinced me)

Now you're asking, 87 I started.

Started with the Spectrum like JP, classic titles such as Euro Boss, Footballer Of The Year, FA Cup and Football Manager (Kevin Toms is a legend)

Then the Amiga from CM 93, 94, EOS, 95, Italia, etc etc, there was nothing like sending your cheque off and awaiting the knock on the door before sitting for 25-30 minutes waiting for your new game to load.

Is it just me, or were we just much more patient in those days?

That is where it all started for me on such classics like Kevin Tom's Football Manager. :)

TCM '04 which got solid attention for 6 years... doing same with FM2010

CM 93/94 was the last time I bought and played this, so that's 19 years ago. My in game season ran to about 2002.
FM13 is my first foray back into the game. It's good to be back.
It's a bit harsh on the noobs starting with FM12, they're probably only 12 years old. Yet it's still funny to mock them though.

Back