• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordMalice

Reaction score
Hi.

I've started a new game with Man City and have gone for the root and branch approach. Which essentially means I am buying up youth talent wherever I can find it.

The query I have is this:
I recently purchased Dudu. He moved to Man City on his 18th birthday, as his birthday falls in the transfer window. Now will he be considered Home Grown (as in HG for the purposes of the 4 slots in the ECC)?
I am a bit unsure about it as I dont know if when he is 21 he will qualify as HG (trained in same club for three years yada yada....)

Any help will be appreciated.

Oh and moderators I'm sorry if I have gone and posted this in the wrong section or if there is an existing thread in some remote corner of the forum where this has been discussed. Please dont bring down your righteous wrath on me... *trembles* :)

Ty

I dont think he will be, the rules are there on purpose to prevent youngsters from South American countries (mostly) being picked up at a very early age and allowed to be HG in the English league! that is why they are only allowed to sign on their 18th birthday's!

the said player needs to be trained at the club for at least 3 years prior to the age of turning 20, not 21!

this is my own thoughts, i may just be wrong!! :D

Raikan, I think I need to disagree with you here, Messi is home-grown for Barcelona, which means South Americans will be home grown, unless this is only for the Premier League.

Can you please verify this?

Raikan, I think I need to disagree with you here, Messi is home-grown for Barcelona, which means South Americans will be home grown, unless this is only for the Premier League.

being picked up at a very early age and allowed to be HG in the English league!

just for the english league mate ;) as he is City ;)

Spain dont have that many rules when it comes to youngsters, but you can only register 3 Non Eu players in your squad

Last edited:

Messi joined Barcelona in 2000 though at the time he was 13 or 14, so he'd have spend atleast 6 years at Barça already when he turned 20.

But Man Utd had signed Rafael and Fabio before they're 18. That is what that baffles me.

But Man Utd had signed Rafael and Fabio before they're 18. That is what that baffles me.

They signed them in 2007, but neither player could play until their 18th birthday.

You can do this on FM too.

just for the english league mate ;) as he is City ;)

Spain dont have that many rules when it comes to youngsters, but you can only register 3 Non Eu players in your squad

Okie, didn't know that, good to know for the future, thanks mate :)

They'll be considered home grown by the time they're 21 for the sake of CL play.

Just to clarify further,

Suppose I buy a player who is 15 years old, but is allowed to move clubs only once he is 18. However I agree the transfer with his club when he is 15, and all formalities are completed, all that remains is for the player to physically move to my club.

Will he be considered home grown? As in will the time spent training at my club be counted from the date the transfer was agreed or from the date where the player actually turned up at my club?

Ty

i think they have to train at your clubs for 5 years before they turn 21

i think they have to train at your clubs for 5 years before they turn 21

I think that's to become a british citizen.. or wherever you are playing. For example, anyone who has managed Liverpool for a few years may or may not remember that Yossi Benayoun becomes a british citizen which makes him available for england, as does Jose Enrique at Newcastle if my memory serves me right.

Liverpool have signed Danny Wilson he will be considered home grown once he turns 21 thats why they wanted him this season

Just to clarify further,

Suppose I buy a player who is 15 years old, but is allowed to move clubs only once he is 18. However I agree the transfer with his club when he is 15, and all formalities are completed, all that remains is for the player to physically move to my club.

Will he be considered home grown? As in will the time spent training at my club be counted from the date the transfer was agreed or from the date where the player actually turned up at my club?

Ty

Could someone answer this please? Am currently in negotiations for a very good prospect, 15 years old, unfortunately Brazilian, so he wont move till he is 18. :@

Saw the other thread created, but can someone answer this query for now? (raikan where art thou?) :)

ty

Oh and incidentally, the 5 year thing is for becoming a british citizen, NOT for HG status. Thats definitely 3 years, from when to when is the question. 17 to 20 as someone said earlier, and I think that is the correct rule.

Oh and Danny Wilson will qualify as HG for EPL, not for ECC. Because for EPL the HG rule is 8 players trained in the UK & Ireland. So Danny Wilson will qualify coz he was trained at Rangers, not because he trained at the club for the requisite period while under the requisite age. Same with McGeady and all i think.

"The definition of home grown is trained for three years under the age of 21 by somebody in the English and Welsh professional system."
with your other question he will have to be trained at the club for 3 years so if he is brazilian and joins on his 18th birthday when he becomes 21 he will be home grown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back