Hi all

• Thread starter Thread starter Zebedee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 518

Zebedee

Reaction score
Thought I'd best be polite and post to say 'hello' to the friendly and informative regulars :)

First came across this site when looking for skins and picture packs for 2009 after having not bought a version of FM since 2006. Absolutely super job guys - fantastic work in getting so much together in one place.

I'm a 31 year old retired linguistics professor (medieval welsh was my speciality) and have been playing football management games since the days of the BBC B when your players' stats would randomise at the start of every season :D In the real world, I get to as many Liverpool games as I can a season while waiting on the season ticket list. It's hard being a Liverpool supporter while living in central Manchester ;)

Really enjoying the challenge of FM2009, clunky interface, bugs and all. I play according to the original Llama rules but have nothing in common with how that community has developed over the past few years - I won't player/staff tip, nor start above Blue Square South/North but the increasing complexity of the game mechanics and interface make the obsessive 'thou shalt not read a manual which describes how to put reality into game terms' rather redundant in my view. If you can't get a Blue Square team promoted within 6 seasons then it isn't something to brag about, especially if you refuse to read up on how the game works.

Anyways, loving the site - the Cook Island management thread has so far been the best I've found. All the best,

Zeb

hello,

welcome to the forums ;)

Last edited:
Welcome Zeb. Hope you stick around, you seem like a very interesting fellow :D

Thanks Gatid and Sean. I'll try to contribute as much as I have taken from this site - would imagine that I'll be here some time to go even halfway for all the downloads I've been able to get here :)

Welcome to the fold Zeb.

Bury would be a very interesting team to manage.........
I love managing in League 2, mainly with Notts County. Bury are a good club. Best of luck on getting them promoted!

Cheers Finn. Although I'll probably delete that save soon and start again with Newport County when 9.3 is released. Getting a little too depressed with the bugs which really hit lower league teams hard (eg season tickets not rising properly and sponsorship not improving with success). Good luck with the oldest club in the world. :)

welcome zebedee, this guys a legend XD helped me the ultimate noooob out

welcome zebedee, this guys a legend XD helped me the ultimate noooob out

Yup Zebedee has been very helpful, good addition to the forums :)

So it only takes a doctorite for someone to know how to post on a forum :P as youre one of the few newcomers who does

Lol cheers Gregor. Not sure about doctorates being needed - there's a lot of friendly people on the boards hiding amongst the threads on who to sign for Manchester City ;)

Glad I could be of some help torquaylad. Hopefully you're up and running now and can concentrate on the game :)

Back