high fouls

• Thread starter Thread starter zaid 92
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K

zaid 92

Reaction score
Yo guys

Right basically my players have all decided to go on personal missions to see who can get the most fouls. In a game they're racking up at least 14 fouls collectively is this normal for you guys?

And i've set my players marking to zonal
closing down as default
and tackling as default

I used to have closing down as press more but it just bumped my fouls up more.

Any help?

Yo guys

Right basically my players have all decided to go on personal missions to see who can get the most fouls. In a game they're racking up at least 14 fouls collectively is this normal for you guys?And i've set my players marking to zonal
closing down as default
and tackling as default

I used to have closing down as press more but it just bumped my fouls up more.

Any help?

Indeed. 14 fouls is not much at all.

but my players are getting yellow carded ALOT. I get alot of fines for picking up 5+ yellows

some of my wingers pick up for some diving and then the others are just for mistimed tackles

that is quite a low number of fouls mate for a game...

now if you are picking up 5+ cards that is a different story altogether.. that is a high percentage of tackles that result in cards..

1) players aggression stat may be high
2) aggressive tackling and pressing (player might have a low tackling attribute)
3) referee's
4) hidden stats such as dirtiness could be an issue

just because the tackling is at default does not mean all settings are set as medium, if you are playing with ball winners etc they usually have high as their defualt settings.. manually tone it down yourself

some of my wingers pick up for some diving and then the others are just for mistimed tackles

If this is effecting your results, then why not replay the sequence when the players get a yellow card. Is it because the player is getting dragged out if position, that he likes to tackle hard but nor being good at it etc etc.

Also, are you sure about the amount and that its not just selective memory. have a look in the team stats in your league.

i've looked at my stats for previous seasons since im at the beginning of a fresh new season. I've had the worst disciple in the premiership 3 times in a row. yellows 77-84 and 2-8 red cards

Champs league twice 38 yellows and the other 39 yellows and 5 reds

i'll try analysing more to see if i can pin point them but tbh i thought that due to it being the team it was down to the settings i had

i'll try analysing more to see if i can pin point them but tbh i thought that due to it being the team it was down to the settings i had

Its probably a mixture of both player, their settings and perhaps you as a coach not having enough discipline.

well my approach is three warnings then 1 weeks fine, if it happens again then 2 weeks.

and after looking at the bookings more in detail my players are getting booked for 50/50 tackles and then not getting the ball.

Back