rexmedorum

Reaction score
I'm currently managing in Spain with Sevilla in 2018 and I'm getting frequent offers for my most promising youth academy products. The likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid offering as much as 9 000 000 EURO for a 16 year old who at current 'Would be a decent player for most 2nd tier sides' he has the potential to be a star

The question is what should I do? On the one hand I don't *really* need the money but on the other hand it's a decent amount and it will take a few years for this player to develop into a 1st team regular (if it happens at all)

From my point of view, you should sell him.

With 9M you can sign at least 3 or 4 players with the same level (using 48 months payments).

If you're being offered 9M for a 16 year old, imagine what you'll be offered when he's 18...
I tend to keep youth products at the club until they are 20 regardlessof how much is offered. I'll only sell when I'm 100% convinced they won't even be useful as a rotation option.

I'm currently managing in Spain with Sevilla in 2018 and I'm getting frequent offers for my most promising youth academy products. The likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid offering as much as 9 000 000 EURO for a 16 year old who at current 'Would be a decent player for most 2nd tier sides' he has the potential to be a star

The question is what should I do? On the one hand I don't *really* need the money but on the other hand it's a decent amount and it will take a few years for this player to develop into a 1st team regular (if it happens at all)

It all really depends. I would personally stall and hold out. I had Arsenal come after me for a 16 year old for that exact same price on their first offer. I ended up selling him to Arsenal for 37 million. Be strong. 9 mill isn't going to give you enough to sign the star that the player could be. However, if you are able to bargain up, he might be worth something spectacular. Also remember, that since he is young, you have PLENTY of time to accept the offer that fits your wallet! His value should only go up from here!

thanks for all the suggestions guys.
I did end up accepting an offer of 6 000 000 Euro for another youth player with lower rated potential.

The issue I have is I have moved to Sevilla after 4 seasons Stuttgart. I tend to get bored before the youth players actually develop and may move on to another club. I prefer not to start a new save as I find managing beyond the known parameters of the 1st few years more interesting;)