High Optimisation

• Thread starter Thread starter Darandio
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2K

Darandio

Destroyer Of Ego's
Reaction score
Just a quick first impression for anyone that is interested. Hopefully others can also either confirm or discredit my findings.

Just fired up FM2013 for the first time using the "normal" mode we were all used to. It seems that the engine may well be optimised in some way in how it creates your initial database based on your selections.

I have created a game with 37 playable leagues, and large custom database of around 80,000 players and it's taken around half the time to get me up and running. Incidentally, the new loading sequence reminds me of the original Championship Manager days, watching the scroll bar move along with a description of which task it is performing. Happy days.

It's nice, isn't it? I'm also a fan of the new front end.

Whats the UI like? looked a lot cleaner on the videos

Yeah. I even like the new UI/layout. Normally at the start, I get slightly annoyed because I'm so used to the older style menus and take time to adapt, but these are very user-friendly. In past versions, particularly when looking at a player, I always found that a lot of the information you needed was often only accessed by looking at other tabs. Now, a lot of the information is there in front of you and without being cluttered as well.

In terms of the challenge mode, just tried the fourth one about the youngsters, loaded a quick test as Nottingham Forest and was given the headline of "You Can't Win Anything With Kids" and five fantastic youngsters in addition to the squad. Fantastic, so much so that I might just start my 2013 adventure right here.

Last edited:
Me thinks this is by far going to be the best FM which leads me to think....how will they better this one? I suspect I won't be going to sleep until Saturday lol

Having a couple of problems with clicking not registering. No biggie, and it's the beta, so no harm done at all really.

Please tell us about the tactic creator! Is it different, how if so??

Waiting for the boxed version myself. :(

Gotta wait till my Mum gets paid before I can get the beta which is next Friday.

Please tell us about the tactic creator! Is it different, how if so??

Actually, it's broken. :D

Well, it seems so for me anyway, and I have logged it over at SI and also just posted a new thread here to see if its worth double checking bugs we are unsure about posting there. I'll see what the mods say and provide more information there.

Back