High Transfer Prices/Fees

• Thread starter Thread starter filbert
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4K

filbert

Reaction score
OK, so this is the first time I have returned to FM in some time after getting disillusioned with the hokey cod-psychology that seemed to be getting shoe-horned into the game - it is still there but they have toned down the effect I think but anyway, that's a different story. Having a lot of fun with FM2015 and into my third season now but I am having problems trying to sigh well, anyone, really. Trying to get hold of some decent regens is a nightmare. For a start, I can't seem to offer them a contract as when they appear, they already have a full contract with their respective clubs so that old method is out. Likewise, trying to buy them is a nightmare - clubs are asking £60m plus for 16 year olds. Now, I realise that the stupid asking prices are the AI way of saying 'not for sale at any price' as that response has disappeared now but how the **** does anyone sign young players? I can't seem to get any for a decent price. Seen lots of forum posts with people seeing the same issue and people saying 'be patient, keep bidding and the price will drop' but I have been bidding on 3 youngsters in my latest game right up to the transfer deadline day and the clubs absolutely refused to budge an inch - one club was asking £91m! Are we really expected to believe that Hoffenheim, for example, would continually rebuff £10m offers from Man U, Barcelona etc for an unknown 16 year old? Am I doing something wrong here? I want to do what I used to be able to in previous versions; snap up young, future talent and develop them rather than pay through the nose like a chequebook manager would.

Last edited:
Well, if you're trying to get the young players in the same transfer window, then their price won't drop. Especially if they've signed a new contract recently. Try in the next window, and the price should be a lot lesser/ Also, the dates vary each year after the first year for the youth intake, so not much you can do there.

Also, depends on the club's financial situation. I was able to snap up a pretty good RB for 7.5 M $, inspite of him having recently signed a new contract, mainly cause the club needed the money.

Timing is everything but not much I can say to help you... Keep an eye on when the contracts run out clubs will be more likely to sell if their 1 to 2 years left... Little things can help you get guys cheap...

I picked up Grealish for 9m cause Villa got relegated and he had 2 seasons left on his contract, got Ibe for 9 as well because he had a bad injury and didnt develop too good but Iv took him and got his development back on track...
I managed to sign Niklas Stark for 6.75m because he got upset at Bronby and his new contract had a release clause... Getting regens has been a big problem but others have been easier than most would expect... Those 3 above I was quoted 20m+ each...
Some players just wont go cheap no matter what you do and some you'll likely never afford...

Back