joalbrito

Reaction score
I am trying to recreate the Bayern of Hitzfeld when he played somewhere between 3-4-3 or 5-2-3, and please let me know if I am doing something wrong.
GK: **** (If I can I will probably get a better keeper)
CB: van Buyten/limited deffender - defend
CB: Demichelis(his passing and decisions are good, so - Ball playing CB
CB: Badstuber (I will definetely try to find a better CB than him, and depending on who he is I may use a sweeper like Hitzfeld although not in Bayern in particular)
LWB: Pranjic (I will definetely try to find a better wing back than him, and Brafield)/automatic
RWB: Lahm/automatic
CM: Van Bommel - ball winning mid/ defence
CM: Schweinsteiger - well here is complicated. Effenberg played as playmaker but I am not sure weather box to box mid or advanced playmaker attack willl suit better this player, so I should experiment. Any ideas though?
AMR: Ribery - inside forward attack
AML: Robben - inside forward attack
ST: Klose for now as a deep-lying forward/support (However I should try also Luca Toni or Gomes as target man, or even Olic as an advanced forward)

Philosophy: Fluid (We need the midfields and the wingbacks supporting the forwards, and the midfielders supporting the defenders)
Strategy: Counter - this will change from match to match however
Passing style - more direct
Creative freedom - more disciplined
Closing down: Press more
Crosses: Drill crosses (if I start using Gomes, I will change this)
Marking: Zonal
Roaming: Default

Also since I am using Robben and Ribery who both are better with the foot opposite to the side they are playing, I will set them to cross from deep, and to cut inside.

This is for now. I will start looking for the players I need, and if you think I am doing something wrong, or have an advice please let me know.
Actually now when I think about this, I may twist Hitzfeld's 90s tactic by making Ribery a playmaker on the wing.. What do u think?

Last edited:
I would set the wing backs to attack so you do get the support from the defensive players in attack. Making robben and ribery cut in will leave a lot of space for the wingbacks on the flank. also maybe set van Bommel to support instead of defense making him work a bit higher up in the field. For schweinsteiger try make him play offensive moving in to the attacking midfield playing through balls to the striker and wingers.

Thanks. Also I am wondering what should I do with Muller. Should I try to use him as a forward, or should I just sell him?

Thanks. Also I am wondering what should I do with Muller. Should I try to use him as a forward, or should I just sell him?

Depends on which patch you are using and if you are using any database. I've seen muller become very good in some database, but on the regular patch.I don't think he is that good.