• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson refuses to blame Pepe Reina after the keeper's error gifts Arsenal a 90th-minute equaliser in the 1-1 draw at Anfield.

More...

I think any other goalkeeper in the Premier League would have done exactly the same, he turned around expecting to be picking the ball out of the back of the net.

I think the amount of times he will keep a clean sheet for Liverpool whilst pulling off some great saves will far outweigh losing 2 pts against an Arsenal team whilst playing with 10men for the whole of the second half anyway.

It's not something Reina would occassionally do,neither is it common for him to either.

He's one of the best goalkeepers in the league and I'm sure the Liverpool faithful will forgive him.

It's not something Reina would occassionally do,neither is it common for him to either.

He's one of the best goalkeepers in the league and I'm sure the Liverpool faithful will forgive him.
Already have :D
He made a few decent saves today. Everyone's allowed mistakes, he just hardly makes any:D Brilliant goalkeeper

Also it's nothing new:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TMBeax7Wt8&feature=related"]YouTube- Pepe Reina - embarassing goal[/ame]

still pwns though.

still one of the best keepers in the world without a dout. all keepers make mistakes its just highlighted more than outfield mistakes because normally it will always end in a goal.

Can see him struggling to hold down the first team place if the scousers sign Jones though. He'd never do anything like this.

Hardly surprising, he isn't going to come out and say, 'that was mince, I am considering dropping him for our next game; O.o

I have to agree with Redders, I'd be intimidated with a keeper such as him looking for my number one jersey

As others have said, very rarely makes mistakes and is a fantastic goalkeeper, every player makes mistakes occasionally :P

Any team in england would probably happily have him as their number 1 and he's the best goalie In the country IMO

It's unfair to blame Reina at all for this, it was fortune at it's best for Arsenal. He had a split second to react and the total shock and surprise of it all clearly didn't help.

Just a minute or two before, he pulled off a world class save.

He is still the best in the league.. and cant blame him for this mistake..
It was so unfortunate..

He had absolutely no time to react to it, it's just one of those things that happens to most keepers at one point in their career's. No reason to lose faith in him just over this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back