Hodgson tipped for manager award

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 620

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Roy Hodgson is being tipped to receive the manager of the year award after leading Fulham to the Europa League final.

More...

i not saying he hasnt done brilliant.

but i thought manager of the year was for domestic reason?

although he has been brilliant, has he been as good as in the EPL. for me based sole on domestic reason, Alex Mcliesh is the man, if it includes europe. Roy hodgson for me.

corse he deserves it. kept fulham up in his 1st season, finished in the europa positons in his second season and now a europa cup final. just sensational. and his hardly had much money.

I was also under the illusion it was a PL award, awarded for the Manager's teams performances in the league.

If so, I'd have to choose McLeish as well.

Big Eck if it's based solely on domestic endeavours.

Hodgson if European football is included.

Though if Ancelotti does the double, I imagine he'll win it.

McLeish/Hodgson deserve it, depending on what it's based on.

Ian Dowies is my new choice actually, I can just see him saying to Pearson when watching Inter, I told you giving the ball away is the best tactic.

yep deserverd 100 % don`t think mcleish has done much stange choice but each to there own.
pulis or hodgson for me.

1.hodgson
2.grant
3.pulis

Last edited:
Either McLeish or Hodgson. Either way, any other year they'd be good enough to win it, but this year there's competition!

It should be Hodgson, no doubt. Mcleish has done a marvellous job but what Roy has done is on another level in my unbiased opinion :P

Like it has been said, if it is based on all competitions then Hodgson deserves it based primarily on his management ability in the Europa.

Domestically, Hodgson, no although he did win one Manager of the month award :P

Continentally, can't see past it really.

yep deserverd 100 % don`t think mcleish has done much stange choice but each to there own.
pulis or hodgson for me.

1.hodgson
2.grant
3.pulis

Eh?!

Big Eck has taken us from drop candidates to a side just outside of Europe :S

I'm not even gonna question your third choice :S

I wouldn't go as far as to say outside of Europe because the gap is a good few points but domestically no one has done better than Mcleish. If he signs the right lads next year then I think Birmingham will be very, very hard to beat.

To be fair the press have jumped on the 'unbeatable' bandwagon a bit.

At home we're unbeaten since September but away we look poor pretty much every game :S

We're dreadful from home 95% of the time mate :D

Back