Hodgson understands fans' protest

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 517

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson says he "cannot criticise" the fans who staged a protest against the club's owners after the 2-2 draw with Sunderland.

More...

Well they haven't stuck true to their word that money would be given to Benitez. Well that was at the time. But it is clear that Benitez was disappointed with their ownership and I'm sure all of the fans were disappointed that they could not compete in the transfer market for top players. I certainly was.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

The fans are growing impatient. I think they were absolutely right to stage a protest.

*Sigh*
Why don't the owners just leave? They will get death threats every single hour soon.

*Sigh*
Why don't the owners just leave? They will get death threats every single hour soon.

Because it's not as easy as that is it? I want them out as much as any other Liverpool fan does but at the end of the day for Hicks and Gillett it's still a business to them.

Because it's not as easy as that is it? I want them out as much as any other Liverpool fan does but at the end of the day for Hicks and Gillett it's still a business to them.

They must be losing so much money though, and the sooner they sell, the more they'll get no? Unless Hodgson does something incredible this season... After this, surely no one will sell to H&G if they have any interest in the future of the business.

Well they haven't stuck true to their word that money would be given to Benitez. Well that was at the time. But it is clear that Benitez was disappointed with their ownership and I'm sure all of the fans were disappointed that they could not compete in the transfer market for top players. I certainly was.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

The fans are growing impatient. I think they were absolutely right to stage a protest.

It's not just that. They promised a shovel in the ground within a month of them taking over, they'e put more than 300 million pound onto the clubs debt, and couldn't generally give a ****.

Back