Hodgson wants Mascherano to stay

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 462

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson says he did not sign Cristian Poulsen to replace Javier Mascherano, adding the unsettled Argentine may yet stay at Anfield.

More...

pointless, a unhappy player who wants to leave would only distrupt the team harmoney. best letting him leave.

I dount he will stay when the likes of Inter and Barca are gunning for him...you never know though so Liverpool fans best keep your fingers crossed

If he saw the interview Masch gave after the Ireland game you could see how much he wanted to get out of England, I almost felt sorry for him. But then again you can never feel sorry for a footballer, I mean he is paid £1m's per year so he should just man up. I stuck between the two ideals. I'm sure if he stayed he would give his all for the club, and probably have to divorce his wife, if he left for Barca then good luck to him.

I can't imagine Roy signed Poulson for no reason, I think this is just a ploy to get a few extra million to 'tempt' him into accepting, when really he knows that Masch is inevitably leaving.

I hope he stays, Inter Milan have ruled out a bid for him but Barcelona? They have Busquets, a great young defensive midfielder who is in the Spain team ahead of Fabregas and David Silva so I don't think Guardiola will spend for the sake of it, really.

Last edited:
Back