Hodgson wants new Carragher deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 781

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is eager for the club to begin contract negotiations with Jamie Carragher.

More...

Aye, seen this before. Love for him to become a manager once he retires too

Aye, seen this before. Love for him to become a manager once he retires too

I would like to see it happen but believes he should spend a few years as a coach and then assistant manager to get ready for the pressures of management. Would hate to see his reputation being tarnished over a few unsucessful managerial jobs in future.

Back on topic,hope he gets a new deal personally. I would list him as a club legend as he has shown great loyalty to liverpool in an ere where players loyalty rests with the highest bidder. Carra is part of a dying breed of footballers like Ryan Giggs,Paul Scholes and Gary Neville. I should also include Gerrard but i feel he always bides his time when any transfer rumours are spread around before reaffirming his commitment.

The Gaffer should sslo recomend Carra to take his coaching badges soon so he will have them whenever he eventually does decide to hang up his boots!

Love the guy and think he has been one of the clubs 'great' defenders and I'd be pleased if he signed a new contract. However I'd like to see Wilson take over as the leader at the back over the coming seasons with Pep also being allowed more influence and leadership on the rest of the defence.

Love the guy and think he has been one of the clubs 'great' defenders and I'd be pleased if he signed a new contract. However I'd like to see Wilson take over as the leader at the back over the coming seasons with Pep also being allowed more influence and leadership on the rest of the defence.
I see Reina as a future captain of Liverpool tbh. I believe that if Agger can stay more fit, then he will takeover the mantle of Carra, but I do like Wilson so far

I see Reina as a future captain of Liverpool tbh. I believe that if Agger can stay more fit, then he will takeover the mantle of Carra, but I do like Wilson so far

You can see Reina has brilliant leadership skills but I often feels he holds it back as Carra is the 'leader' at the back. Agger's a good defender, very different to Carra though, don't think he has half as much influence either. Weird to see if Agger and Wilson can start together in the future as they're both left-footed, left sided central defenders.

You can see Reina has brilliant leadership skills but I often feels he holds it back as Carra is the 'leader' at the back. Agger's a good defender, very different to Carra though, don't think he has half as much influence either. Weird to see if Agger and Wilson can start together in the future as they're both left-footed, left sided central defenders.
I would like to see Wilson used more and trained more as a left back, he's pretty fast and loves bringing it up and said he can play there. I just hope we don't end up using Skrtel regulary (not a fan of this)

I would like to see Wilson used more and trained more as a left back, he's pretty fast and loves bringing it up and said he can play there. I just hope we don't end up using Skrtel regulary (not a fan of this)

It is a possibility like although I am not a fan of playing players out of their natural positions for some reason. Skrtel can be quality on his day but often makes sloppy mistakes and I do prefer Agger to him. Wonder if Kyrgi is on his way out?

Skrtel is a good player at defending in many ways, but cannot pass, he can head it away well, but cannot control were his clearances go to. God I hope Kyrgi stays, he was fantastic last season :D

Skrtel is a good player at defending in many ways, but cannot pass, he can head it away well, but cannot control were his clearances go to. God I hope Kyrgi stays, he was fantastic last season :D

Indeed, his positioning and awareness can also let him down at times. Regarding Kyrgi, he is a massively underrated defender and brilliant every time he played last season, excluding the Lyon game. A central defender definitely needs to go though I reckon. Be interesting to see if Roy lets one go and who he does let go.

Love Carra but think he needs to be eased out of the first team now and hope he's man enough to accept that.

Back