Hold Position Question...

• Thread starter Thread starter Ursulla
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

Ursulla

Reaction score
I read at the guides that this player Instruction is mainly used for creative midfield players...
But is it wrong to tell all your center backs to hold their positions...I use 3 center backs without any full backs?

It's not wrong necessarily...a centre back with defend duty is automatically set to hold position. I don't know from experience as I've never mixed this instruction with stopper or cover duty, but I would think this can leave holes in your defense. (e.g. stopper with hold position may be reluctant to drop back to help)

It's not wrong necessarily...a centre back with defend duty is automatically set to hold position. I don't know from experience as I've never mixed this instruction with stopper or cover duty, but I would think this can leave holes in your defense. (e.g. stopper with hold position may be reluctant to drop back to help)

I think you are spot on..The guide mentions that for " the rest of the players it is best to leave this instruction to be decided by role and duty"...And that sentence turned the "red light" to instruct hold position automatically to center backs which in fact conflict with their duty...

Last edited:
So my team has conceded a goal and I have a DM ,BWM with support duty which I could instruct "Hold Position" or "Get Further Forward"...What would be the right instruction for him or should I left it untouched?

Back