Sw33z

Reaction score
hi , i use my own tactic , tweaking and tweaking over and over again , but i had a question :

i play 4231 , but there are 2 positions i'm not quite happy about ( and they are good players )
my left mc is a deeplying playmaker ( support ) , Biglia and my striker is deeplying fwd ( support ) Lukaku , both have hold up ball on

So my question is : What stats do i need to hold up ball ? ( i thought of agility & strenght )
and can i use more then 1 player to hold up ball ?

btw if some tactical genie would like to look up my tactic , maybe there are some huge tweaks to do , that would be cool (H)
not fully sure of team instructions and amc & sc's fwd runs

Last edited:
Stats: (what i think anyway)

Strength, positioning, composure, concentration, determination, technique

I always have one Defensive mid in the team, whether it being a Dm or a Ball winning Cm, these guys will hold up the ball for you and look to pass to a more creative player.

Playing as Deep lying playmaker they would need to hold up the ball, assess the situation and make the pass! if he does not have good passing or creative stats as well as the ones mentioned above, then change his role...

Lukaku can play pretty much any position,just untick the hold up ball if you want him to take on defenders instead of holding it up waitng for support, it also depends on the roles of your wide players (are they Am's or Lm and Rm? cause if they are the latter, your lone striker is not going to be very affective holding up the ball with no real support, rather have him spear the attacking line upfront! ;)

my wide players are aml & amr , they have fwd runs often , my amc & sc fwd runs rarely , should i change something here ?
also : my sc's can't pass well ( lukaku 10/20 ) , but default instructions for a deep lying fwd is through balls often : put it on mixed would be good idea , no ?
also : in match my asst says every game : our fwd's are being outnumbered by the opponent's Defensive line : i'm not good in english so what can i do with this ?

Last edited:
change Lukaku's role to Poacher or Complete Forward

Set all your players PI (personal instructions to Default) but, change your attacking wingers to "cut inside" instead of "hug touchline" this will provide more support for Lukaku upfront!

For your Cm, leave the PI's as default, see what role best suits their stats.

most of the time when you play 1 upfront, your *** manager will state that you are being outnumbered, its normal... <)

hope this helps...

change Lukaku's role to Poacher or Complete Forward

Set all your players PI (personal instructions to Default) but, change your attacking wingers to "cut inside" instead of "hug touchline" this will provide more support for Lukaku upfront!​

For your Cm, leave the PI's as default, see what role best suits their stats.​

most of the time when you play 1 upfront, your *** manager will state that you are being outnumbered, its normal... <)​

hope this helps...​

helped a lot ! won CL in 2nd season :eek: :p
i know have 2 tactics : one with attacking poacher ( Lukaku) & one with supportive deeplying fwd ( De Sutter )