Holloway outlines survival target

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 850

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Blackpool boss Ian Holloway sets a target of 39 points for his side as they aim to avoid relegation.

More...

I cant see them staying up, started so well now there sliding slowing down the league like Burnley last year.

after next week i hope they get a few points

Remaining fixtures for Blackpool:
Blackpool v Arsenal, 13:30
Blackpool v Wigan, 15:00
Blackpool v Newcastle, 15:00
Blackpool v Stoke, 15:00
Tottenham v Blackpool, 17:30
Blackpool v Bolton, 12:45
Man Utd v Blackpool, 16:00

They're on 33 points atm but how many can they realistically get from those fixtures? It's a tough run in but all of those home games (bar Arsenal) are definetly winnable. Going to be exciting end to the season! (for us neutrals anyway :D)

Wigan , Stoke and possibly Bolton are the only games I can see Blackpool getting any points from.
Another newly-promoted doing brilliantly up until December/January and faltering towards the end.
Anyone remember Hull's first season in the Premiership?

All those home games are winnable except maybe Arsenal.

Play some decent stuff but commit way too many men forward. Need to get Dj Campbell back. I think that may just stay up but it's so tight down there who knows?

I think it is between Blackpool and West Ham on who goes down as Wolves and Wigan are 99% certain for the drop IMO.
However , I think West Ham are simply too good to go down so Blackpool to go down for me.

Blackpool best not go down, they've been immense. We should make a 21st place for them, they can't win or be relegated, they just turn up for games and Holloway does what Holloway does. :wub:

Ian Holloway for England manager?

Would love to see him at a World Cup XD

Wouldn't mind them going down just to stop people overrating Holloway so much.
Being quite funny and trying to play good football does not make you manager of the season.

I think even when they were doing well, Holloway knew it was too early to start blowing the trumpet, when the media were raving about them, all he kept saying was that there was a long way to go, and that safety was all he wanted.

They are one of the teams that I think will go down, which is a shame because they bring their own style of play to the PremierLeague, and obviously Holloway's charisma always makes people laugh.

Wouldn't surprise me if a Prem job came available next season, Holloway might take it. If Blackpool get relegated that is..

I think even when they were doing well, Holloway knew it was too early to start blowing the trumpet, when the media were raving about them, all he kept saying was that there was a long way to go, and that safety was all he wanted.

They are one of the teams that I think will go down, which is a shame because they bring their own style of play to the PremierLeague, and obviously Holloway's charisma always makes people laugh.

Ye there were some media asking him about getting into Europe earlier in the season! Just shows that the PL really is a marathon and not a race and it really takes a lot out of you
Wouldn't surprise me if a Prem job came available next season, Holloway might take it. If Blackpool get relegated that is..

West Ham has just as tough a run home. Bolton (in a dogfight for a Europa league spot), Villa, Chelsea(who are in a dogfight for a CL spot),City(see Chelsea), Blackburn (still under a relegation threat), Wigan (see Blackburn) and Sunderland. Realistically though anyone could be relegated sitting in the mid table and lower could be relegated.

Also if Utd has already clinched before the final match what are the odds they'll trot out some rotation players? I'd rate them a chance of a decent result if they need it. A month ago I wouldn't of bet on Blackpool on getting a result against Arsenal even with someone else's money. Now that it seems Arsenal has completely fallen off the rails, I'd take a $5punt on them getting a draw.

Everyone knew they would fail, they where never going to keep up with there early season form, But if you said to Ollie your be on 33 points with 7 games to go, and 4 of them would be at home, he would of snapped your hand off.

What people need to remember is regardless of whether they finish 20th, 19th, 18th, 17th or whatever, Holloway has done a terrific job this season and deserves all the credit he gets.

What people need to remember is regardless of whether they finish 20th, 19th, 18th, 17th or whatever, Holloway has done a terrific job this season and deserves all the credit he gets.

ye most of the media and members of this site were predicting Blackpool to finish rock bottom with a points total similar to the infamous amount Derby finished with. So this season really has just been one huge positive for them and everyone involved at the club. Holloway has done a great job this season and should be credited for it

it's gonna be difficult but i think they will stay up

Back