Holloway 'sorry' for abusing Dean

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 951

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Blackpool boss Ian Holloway apologises for swearing at referee Mike Dean last Saturday.

More...

Never seen a manager like him. Respect.

If this was Wenger everyone would be like:

'OMG! He's still well gay and he always moans.'

Fair play for apologising but it still doesn't excuse his actions.

Fair play to him for saying sorry. Not every manager would do that

Apologising doesn't exactly make him a legend/hero/god in human form...

He still did something unacceptable and saying sorry doesn't really make up for it.

It probably took a lot of guts to own up, I've always like Holloway, great manager.

good of him to take it like a man and apologise

I should have gone in and calmly said 'I felt this, why did you do that,' because he is trying to do his job."

"My lads need me on the side, so if I am going to be punished up in the stand where I can't help them, what good is that to me and my team? So I have got to learn,"

"I'll be up front and honest with you - I shouted at the referee coming off," he stated.
"I used the word 'useless' because I didn't think he had a very good game, and I put a horrible one in front of it. That was out of frustration and I shouldn't have done it.

"I'm still learning and I have got to learn quickly. I should have learned last week that whatever I shout out at someone because I am frustrated isn't acceptable, not from my position.
"That is not a good example to show to anyone in that tunnel and it is not what I want to say to that referee, because he did his best."

I have seen many managers abusing Refs, but it needs a lot of guts to come out and apologize. I have so much respect for him and it is increasing by every passing week.

Apologising doesn't exactly make him a legend/hero/god in human form...

He still did something unacceptable and saying sorry doesn't really make up for it.

No one said he was a legend/hero/god :S

No one said he was a legend/hero/god :S

I thought it was fairly obvious I was ever-so-slightly exaggerating to make my point clear. I don't get why he deserves more respect than other managers who don't swear at referees.

I thought it was fairly obvious I was ever-so-slightly exaggerating to make my point clear. I don't get why he deserves more respect than other managers who don't swear at referees.

100% agree.

Well done. Your in the Premier League. No need for that behaviour in any form, whoever the manager is.

Don't know why he should be 'respected' for apologising for foul and offensive language. It should never be done in the first place.

Not quite sure why everyone is so in love with this guy.

Ok mate XD

Back