Holloway takes swipe at critics

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 933

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Blackpool boss Ian Holloway hits back at critics who claimed his side would be the worst in Premier League history.

More...

He has every right to say this. Media were very harsh on them, its the time for Holloway's pay back time. Instead of Shut up he should have used **** off. :P

TBH it's only certain bits of the media that were pretty harsh. From forums and regular websites, it seems average joe would like them to pull it off by staying up for a while.

I said before the season started they would struggle to win but I have been proven very wrong but in a good way! Long may Blackpool's exciting and attacking football continue!

He has done amazing so far but we are only ten games in. If he keeps Blackpool up then he is in line for a bigger job soon.

Claim Blackpool are the worst in Prem history?

Did they ever see Derby in the prem?!

He has done amazing so far but we are only ten games in. If he keeps Blackpool up then he is in line for a bigger job soon.

Very true, but I wouldn't like to see him away from Blackpool. Look at Roy Hodgson's piddle now. Wouldn't like that to happen to Holloway too..

can't see him as the kind of manager to jump gun. If he does well this season, he will want to better it with the same club.

Unless it's some earth shattering offer to like manage Barca or Real I think he'd have a hard time leaving. According to his wiki page this is what he had to say after leaving Plymouth for Leicester

I had a year out of football and had to think about what went wrong in my life. I was given some decent values from my mum and dad in our council house and one of them was honesty and trust and loyalty, and I forgot to do all that at Plymouth. I left them and I made the biggest mistake of my life. But I ended up here and it was the best thing I have ever done.

I know talk is cheap but if he's said that publically it sounds as though that he'd find it hard to turn his back on his players and the fans to leave for another job. 30+ points will usually ensure survival. 1/4 of the season gone and they're almost halfway to that total. They're looking **** good to stay up

Last edited:
They will probably stay up this season majority of newly promoted clubs play exceptionally well in there first season, it's the 2nd year which is always the most difficult in the Premiership..
Just look at Wigan we came 10th and reached a cup final but following season we only just survived

Excellent man and excellent manager, not one person even me gave Blackpool a hope in **** this season and although its early days they have been a pleasure to watch.

Back