Home Grown Player Problem for Europe

• Thread starter Thread starter Tannyrank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 14K

Tannyrank

Reaction score
Firstly, this has already been mentioned on another thread but there have been no posts since November 2011 and no resolution was found.

Ok so I took York City from BSP to the Prem and after two succesful seasons in the prem, I qualified for the Euro Cup. Hoorah!! At least that was my first reaction. But then it came round to registering for the Euro Cup and just 2 of my players count as HG in the squad registration screen.

This is particularly ridiculous as I have 10 HG players in my squad, players who have been with me for 3 seasons before reaching 21. They count when I register my players for the premiership but not the Euro Cup.

What the F*CK is up with that. I had this **** on the last game and had to abandon one of my favourite ever saves as I took over Palermo half way through a season and then could not submit a squad for the post Xmas Champ League registration.

Can someone please explain why this happens or preferably recommend a fix/patch?

It seems to have something to do with this 0-21 thing - these don't work whereas the 15-21 HG players do work.

I don't understand this. HG is HG right? So long as they have been 'home grown' at my club. And no, I havn't loaned these players out.

There is 2 kinds of HG I think, don't really know as I don't look but I just get my assistant to do it.

If it won't register you just need to go on holiday and it will register your team for you.

The CL rules have changed (I assume that means the EL league ones have, too)

All players under 21 who have been at your club for 3 years or more do not have to be registered.
You need to have 4 HG players who have been at your club for three years before their 21st birthday.
You need to have 8 HG players who were trained in England for three years before their 21st birthday [I think the above four count]

If you do not have this amount of HG players you need to leave spaces. 1 space = 1Trained at club player.

The CL rules have changed (I assume that means the EL league ones have, too)

All players under 21 who have been at your club for 3 years or more do not have to be registered.
You need to have 4 HG players who have been at your club for three years before their 21st birthday.
You need to have 8 HG players who were trained in England for three years before their 21st birthday [I think the above four count]

If you do not have this amount of HG players you need to leave spaces. 1 space = 1Trained at club player.

Yep I know the rules but what I'm saying is that I have home grown players who are not receognised as home grown players when I come to submit my Euro Cup squad. It seems to be the 0-21 HG players who are the problem.

What I want to know is why? Is there a reason or is this a bug and if so, is there a fix.

Click on your squad and on the display click view home grown status?
If there are 8 or more players actually classed as home grown it must be a bug. But I doubt it is as I havnt heard of it before now

THE MAJOR HG STATUS (0-21) GLITCH - SORT IT OUT!

It is a bug. A major bug.

Those making excuses for the bug such as 'there are two types of hg etc' are plain wrong - and they don't help.
It is nothing to do with birthdates etc either. I've had players for way longer than 3 years, never loaned out who still get affected by this hg (0-21) rubbish.

The only reason no-one complained was because with FMRTE you could fix it. Thats why I never posted here until now.

That program has covered SI's shoddy work for years. But now you must pay for FMRTE. I've abandoned my game as unplayable as I have lots of youth players with that stupid (0-21) status - and now it can't be fixed.

I'm angry at SI. How could they not have noticed that their game becomes unplayable after a while - you just cannot register certain hg players for Europe - a bit of a joke for a management sim.

Playing the game since way back when you could sign Maradona. This has sickened me. Sort it out SI. I pay cash for the game - a sizeable sum over the years. It doesn't have a 'half-finished and full of major glitches which make the game playable' disclaimer on the box.

Do the programmers ever play the game or talk to those who do? They should give the FMRTE creator a bundle of cash, he's the reason no-one has metioned this until now.

SOMEONE AT SI - SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't bothered starting a new game with the latest patch - I was playing a game using the FMRTE until now. I assume this glitch is still there as when the last patch was released they could still rely on FMRTE to bail out their shortcomings.

I couldn't be arsed going through all this hg (0-21) nonsense again - knowing I have to pay more to play the game. Years of the same rubbish.

Someone who is a regular here needs to clear this up with whoever gets things done around here.

Very disappointed long-time FM player.

ps - On the off-chance. Has the new patch fixed this? - I severely doubt it, but let me know if it has. (those who seem to not notice this glitch need not reply, cheers)

pay for FMRTE? i downloaded it for free and using it still on the 12.0.4 patch

and yes i also had that problem with barcelona, bought anderson from santos in my 1st season, he was 18 and after 3 seasons it said 0-21 home grown status like yours, i found that you need to sign a youth player that is about 16 to bet the normal 15-21 so he can be recognized in europle

and yes i also had that problem with barcelona, bought anderson from santos in my 1st season, he was 18 and after 3 seasons it said 0-21 home grown status like yours, i found that you need to sign a youth player that is about 16 to bet the normal 15-21 so he can be recognized in europle

Cheers for the replies. If he was already 18 when you signed him he was too old to be hg - another bug that he had any hg status at all - a player must be u18 when he signs. If he agrees at 17, but is 18 when the transfer window opens and he makes the move he will should not be hg either. If he moves on his 18th bithday he will be eligable. (spelling?)

Do you still not have to pay? Lucky you! Annoying that we have to pay someone though, just to play the game. I don't use FMRTE to cheat - just to fix the pesky hg (0-21) bug. If someone from SI could explain whats up it would be great.

Cheers for the reply m8.

I'm on the 12.1.1 patch on fm btw. Can I go back to the 12.0.4 patch? Would my saved game still be okay? Maybe an older FMRTE might still be free. Cheers.

yes i download an older version, also had the problem that the new one requests that you pay

Back