Home Grown Players for Champions League

• Thread starter Thread starter FarazAli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 13K

FarazAli

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with Home Grown Players for Champions League, I am currently managing Southampton and i am in my 5th season and i have qualified for Champions League. Now I need to register my squad and I have players like Erick Torres and Loris Karius in my squad who i bought in my very first season and when i look at my squad they show up as Home Grown Players (Trained at Club) but when i try to register my Champions League Squad they are not accepted as my my Home Grown Players (Trained at club) Does anyone know why is that??

I did not sell Erick Torres and Loris Karius for better wonderkids only because i thought they will soon qualify as my Home Grown Players trained at club and i can see in my squad status, they are showing as Trained at club but Not when i try to register my Champions League Squad. I Think this is a bug. Has anyone else had the same problem???

Thanks

They need to be at the club for three years before they turn 21 to class as Homegrown (trained at club). You need four of these in your squad if memory serves me correctly. I had the same problem with Wolves when I got them into the CL years too early, I'd built up a good first team squad but had no youth players coming through to speak of, so I just submitted a squad of 22 and left three spaces.

can I see the screenshots of the players, the home-grown status of your entire senior squad, and Champions League registration?

Yes that is exactly what i have done but they are showing up as Home Grown Players (Trained at Club) in my squad. They have been with my team for over 4 seasons now. Especially Loris Karius. If they are not counted as Home Grown players trained at club for my Champiosn League squad then i dont understand the point of them being shown as Home Grown Players Trained at club in my normal Squad List.

I will post it once i get home, That will be be in about 3 hours.

In Fm 11 there were differnet types of Home Grown at club (15-21) and (0-21). 0-21 could never be registered as Champion league players even though some of my players were at the club from 15/16 they were classed as 0-21.

I dont get it, I mean what is the point of having them shown as Trained at Club when they dont count as Trained at Club for your Champions League Squad. And what exactly is the difference between Home Grown (15-21) and (0-21) If the Champions League Rule states that the player should be trained at the club for 3 years between the ages of 15 - 21 then does it really matter if he has been there from 0 - 21 or from 15 - 21.

In Fm 11 there were differnet types of Home Grown at club (15-21) and (0-21). 0-21 could never be registered as Champion league players even though some of my players were at the club from 15/16 they were classed as 0-21.

Here are the screenshots of my squad with home grown status showing Loris Karius and Erick Torres as Trained at club and then the other screen shot where it shows the players I have registered for the Champions League. You can see that I could not register Loris Karius because I had to leave the slots empty for no Home Grown Players. Ig my keeper gets injured now then i will have to use my 17 year old youth keeper. I Could have registered Torres and Karius as the Home Grown players and then use the slot Torres is taking to Register some one else.

can I see the screenshots of the players, the home-grown status of your entire senior squad, and Champions League registration?

you seem to have very expensive players for southampton. did you get rich owners taking over??

Nope, Its the fruit of winning competitions and bringing success to the club. Also I buy very cheap players with payments over 48 months all the time and sell them next season for more money. I Bought Leandro Damiao and Andre Shurrle just this transfer window. Both with 48 months payments.

I have that problem alot :( i just go on hol and let my assistant pick my players lol

Picking and registering players is not the problem, You can just leave spaces in your squad if you dont have home grown players but the problem is that i have Home Grown players and they are not being counted as Home Grown Players.

I have that problem alot :( i just go on hol and let my assistant pick my players lol

Was this ever sorted?

I am having the same problem now, having to leave spaces in my Euro Cup squad when I have HG players who are for some reason not being counted in my Euro cup squad.

The Stupid thing is is that they count in my prem squad reg for HG players.

This is so frustrating!!! Is there an update to fix this?

Any progress?

Has any progress been made with this? I have spent nine seasons building Sheffield Wednesday from a League 1 club to Champions League contenders. I have purposefully bought players young enough to become 'Trained at Club' (15-21). When I register my PL squad, I have 9 HG players, 5 of which are HG at club (with more due to become HG).

When I register a CL squad, only two players count as HG at club, and none are HG in nation. At least one of my players has spent his entire career at English clubs, and yet doesn't count as HG. This is either a bug, or the rules on HG players are somehow different. The only difference I can see is the 0-21 vs. 15-21 rule, but this wouldn't account for the problems I am having - the players involved were purchased at age 18 or below, or have always played at clubs in England.

Any ideas? If not, any idea who exactly should be contacted for clarification/technical support?

Hi,
I have a similar question. Let's say I bought a player when he was 17, and that player played for my 'B' team in a lower league from his age of 17 to 20. Now he is older than 21, does he count as HG at club or HG in nation?

Back