Home grown players in Football Manager 2011 (demo)

King Evra

Reaction score
I have played Football Manager for 6 years and I’m having some problems with the demo. My concern is the home grown player feature before the rules were:

"Home-grown players can be any nationality; they just need to have been trained at your club or country for 3 years before the age of 21."
So you have to sign a player when he's 18 at most so he can become eligible in three years time to be recognized as home grown.

My problem is with the new Football Manager 2011, I'm playing the demo as the game isn't out yet but when I sign a player who is 18 he isn't eligible to become home grown in three years time.

Please Help!!!

My problem is with the new Football Manager 2011, I'm playing the demo as the game isn't out yet but when I sign a player who is 18 he isn't eligible to become home grown in three years time.
Please Help!!!

how come..? demo is for half a season only right? how do u know he isnt eligible to become home grown in three years time...? (H) (H) (H)

izzice777: If you add the column "Due Date" to your squad list you can see when your players are set to gain home grown status.

King Evra: I could be mistaken about the home grown rule, but based on your description, signing a player who is 18 will not result in him spending 3 years at your club before he turns 21. To put it another way, on his 21st birthday, he might only have been at your team for 2 and a half years. Therefore you may need to sign 17 year olds. Players who cannot join your club until they are 18 should become homegrown too, because they join on their 18th birthday and no later.