Home-Grown Players - one further question

• Thread starter Thread starter karan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 7K

karan

Reaction score
I've read some earlier threads on home-grown players and think I have a decent idea (sign them before they're 18, and they have to be with your club for 3 years before getting club-grown status). I also understand that you can loan players out and still get time for home-grown status if you loan another player out, even abroad (ie. I'm playing with Arsenal and if I loaned a player to Valencia I'd still get a year towards home-grown status).

Just one question though - if I loan a player out for 3 years from the age of 17, will he count as home-grown in respect to registering him for the Premier League, or would he also get club-grown status when I registered him for the Champions' League (so he would count as one of my required four)?

Thanks for your time!

some qoutes that i found ..

[h=3]What is meant by a locally trained player?[/h]A locally trained player can either be club trained or association trained for the purposes of the UEFA rule.
[h=3]What is the difference between a club trained player or an association trained player?[/h]In order for a player to be viewed as a locally trained player he must have been trained in that country for a specific time period between a certain age. A player could either have been trained at one specific club and he will then be regarded as a club trained player. If the player has been trained at different clubs in that country during that time period then he will be regarded as an association trained player as the two clubs will be affiliated to the same association.
[h=3]At what age and for how long must a player be trained to be considered a locally trained player?[/h]The player must have been registered at that club or different clubs affiliated to the same association for a period of three full football seasons, or 36 months between the age of 15 and 21.
[h=3]Does this apply regardless of nationality?[/h]This rule applies regardless of the nationality of the player meaning that young players who move to a different country between the ages of 15 and 21 and who have played for three full seasons in that country will be regarded as locally trained in that country.

i dont know if FM adopt same regulation(in real world,but i hope so)

I don't think loaning a player out countrs toward him being Home grown does it? :S ...I've never checked though, tbf. But yeah, if you sign a player at 17 he will count as home grown at club by the time he's 20, which means he can count towards the 4 players you need in a CL squad.

Back