Home or Away?

• Home

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Away

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Just a little debate id like to see others opinions on.

Going to a home game at Old Trafford every other week is great, i mean who wouldn't want to watch a home game at a stadium like that. But as great OT is, id rather watch United play away from home. For me there is just something about away days that make it a lot better. I tend to find there is more singing for a start and its just a better atmosphere to be in.

What do you guys think though, home or away days?

home mate lol more fans supporting your team and bigger atmosphere IMO

Away definitely. Its a small group against the masses. Sweeter when you win away at a club thats better than your team.

Away games have a special kind of atmosphere,the fans are more die hard and no middle class part timers who know **** all about football. Go into the away towns pubs,get mortal behave like a **** and get barred but you dont give a **** because you dont live there. Great days.

Away atmosphere is better in terms of ratio, mainly because everyone is normally ****** of their head. :) Home matches are good though, especially on european nights.

At home matches, I often find I have people sat around me that know nothing about football, and even less about the team they are 'supporting', Hence I prefer away games.

Away games seem to me to be normally attended by people that follow the team, and aren't there just for a nice afternoon away from the wife.

Away is much better with man utd. Much better atmousphere and less people just moaning everytime berba does something wrong. and like duncan said alot of people who know nothing about football have season tickets next to mine at OT.
Also every away game i go to we score at least 4 :D

I always try and make it to the home games at Old Trafford. I probably miss around 5 a season. I go to about 10+ away games a season. I always think the away games make you feel more special, you're a "hardcore" fan. For me nothing better traveling to away games in Europe, that feeling following your club is most important thing. Definitely the best games I have been to are the champions league games in foregin countries. Been to most for the past 5 years or so.

I think away games would be alot more special in England than Scotland, Most of our teams are in central Scotland and never more than an hour away with the exception of Dundee Utd and Aberdeen.

So i went for home games.

I've never been to an away game in europe. Well, unless you include instanbul as being an 'away' game. :P

Back