Home sick Mesut Ozil?

simunovic1986

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am playing my United save and in my second season, bought Ozil for 16M in last season January window.

Since then he says he cannot settl ein the area. Gave him a months leave and still not happy, plus when I sent him on leave he complained about not being a first team regular.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem, and if you have what can I do to help the situation.

More leave, loan spell or sell him?

Cheers

Honestly the best way around this I found is to keep playing them if they are going well and eventually they settle down. If after 2 years they have not then look to sell and replace.

but evey time he play his motivation is 'playing nervously' tell him no pressue but he rarely get a rating over 7. I will see how he gets on I suppose.

Cheers mate

I usealy just buy someone else from the players country so in your case a german and then they have a play mate from the old country to mess around with

yeh look at his favoured personel, or ask him to recomend a signing, and them sign them,

I had this. I wasn't playing him enough, or in his right position, it was an impulse buy i slightly regretted.. Walcott was on fire on the right. Was never going to drop Fabregas if he was fit, and Nasri was playing well on the left, so Ozil couldn't get a game. Just play him or offer him a new contract which often works when players are unhappy or unsettled.

cheers for the feedback.....i will ask him for a signing. And I dont play an AMC and I wont be chaging the formation just for him, hopin he will just adapt.

Cheers :)

Something which has worked for me is letting a player go on personal leave just before everyone was going to be going on holiday anyway (the day of your last game of the season, usually). It could have just been a happy coincidence, but I've had it work a few times... when the player came back for the next preseason, he had no personal issues.

All you have to do is click Interaction, then allow leave of absence. He will go to Germany for a month and then the player, [always in my case] usually becomes settled.

All you have to do is click Interaction, then allow leave of absence. He will go to Germany for a month and then the player, [always in my case] usually becomes settled.

He said he tried that already and it didn't work.

He said he tried that already and it didn't work.

Right... the issue is getting a player who doesn't easily drop his homesickness to do so... I think one of the above suggestions should work for him, unless Ozil has a ridiculously low adaptability rating.

just buy another German player or coach,it certainly helps alot

Thanks for this guys...is has picked up his performances a bit not and scored and assisted since I posted this.

He just got injured for 3 weeks.....so I sent him on leave. Lets hope the second time round helps if not then ill sign a player in Jan from Germany and take it from there.

Kepp you updated.

Cheers :)

Finally after 12months of signing him....he officially announces that he is settled in the area. after 2 leaves of absences and average performances lets hope hes worth the 16MIL I paid for him.

Offer him a new contract with more money. That removes it 100%.

Nothing like money to settle yourself somewhere.

I had the same problem with marcelo for man city, but as much as it said he is struggling to settle in he still won young player of the month award twice, but this was after I signed maicon (a fellow brazillian) so signing a fellow countryman helps. Also Ozil I dont think speaks english when he learns he will feel more settled, try getting someone to tutor him.

Finally after 12months of signing him....he officially announces that he is settled in the area. after 2 leaves of absences and average performances lets hope hes worth the 16MIL I paid for him.
He's worth every penny. For me he's been the best playmaker in the game. Be patient with him and he will soon be slicing the world's best defences apart :D

Hehe remember when I signed him, got him on the last day of transfer so I didnt get him a squad number for the season so I had to wait till second half of the season to even use him. He was unhappy for a while, but got settled after a while.

Best sign I've had btw, plays well every match

Back