[Homework] Hope you native English speakers can help me here

Fish Hunter

Reaction score
Ok. I am going to correct the errors in these sentences and explain why I made that correction. Basically I know most of the corrections very well, I just need an explanation on why I made that correction.

Errors will be marked with bold.
Here are the sentences:

1. The audience is reminded of that smoking is not allowed during the show.
I am very sure that of is the mistake in this sentence.

2. If I continued reading at this speed, there were every possibility of my finishing the book in time for the rest
I would put me instead of my.

3. I was wondering if you could suggest a restaurant there is close to Times Square?
I would put who instead of there.

4. On the bus a completely stranger sat down next to me and started talking about his daughter
Complete instead of completely

5. However much you do, will there always be some loose ends to tie.
However, there will always be some loose ends to tie... Very strange sentence

Your help is very welcome! Thanks.

I'm not native, with **** English. But I'm sure 3. is not who, it is that. I think....

Ok. I am going to correct the errors in these sentences and explain why I made that correction. Basically I know most of the corrections very well, I just need an explanation on why I made that correction.

Errors will be marked with bold.
Here are the sentences:

1. The audience is reminded of that smoking is not allowed during the show.
I am very sure that of is the mistake in this sentence.

2. If I continued reading at this speed, there were every possibility of my finishing the book in time for the rest
I would put me instead of my.

3. I was wondering if you could suggest a restaurant there is close to Times Square?
I would put who instead of there.

4. On the bus a completely stranger sat down next to me and started talking about his daughter
Complete instead of completely

5. However much you do, there will always be some loose ends to tie.
However, there will always be some loose ends to tie... Very strange sentence

Your help is very welcome! Thanks.

1. Take off out.
2. Me replaces My
3. That replaves there
4. Complete replaces completely
5. Like this. However much you do, there will always be some loose ends to tie.

that what you mean? :)

I would put who instead of there. Change there to that, not who. Who would be if you was asking about a person, in this instance you're asking about a building or an inanimate object.

I'm not native, with **** English. But I'm sure 3. is not who, it is that. I think....
Great thanks. Need an explanation as well though. :/

1. Take off out.
2. Me replaces My
3. That replaves there
4. Complete replaces completely
5. Like this. However much you do, there will always be some loose ends to tie.

that what you mean? :)
Yes and explaining the corrections. Like saying that it is an indefinite article and that stuff.

3. It should be 'which is close to Times Square'.

5. Swap there and will.

Thanks for your answers, I am done now. I have tons of homework at the moment, so a little help is appreciated. :)

Back