Houllier relaxed over Young deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 802

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier is 'quite happy' for winger Ashley Young to delay talks over a new contract until next summer.

More...

Hmm... don't know what to make of this one at all. On one hand, it's fair enough. On the other... I dunno, it's the same kind of feeling I got with Milner.

I can see Young leaving pretty soon, but I don't know where he'll go to, possibly United?

I can see Young leaving pretty soon, but I don't know where he'll go to, possibly United?

Possibly. He's better than Valencia (my opinion, before any United fans jump in and start shouting) and much less inconsistent than Nani. Still, if he does leave we'll get a fair packet for him.
That said, I'd hate for him to leave. He's the jewel in our crown.

i could see him moving to united

Can't see him going to United unless he wants to sit on the bench. Seeing they've got Nani, Valencia and Giggs. I assume Bebe is coming through and will eventually occupy a wing. I wouldn't want to see a player of Young's talent wasted at United to be honest. If he plans to leave though, I'd have no idea where he'd go, Villa are the perfect club for him at the moment.

Can't see him going to United unless he wants to sit on the bench. Seeing they've got Nani, Valencia and Giggs. I assume Bebe is coming through and will eventually occupy a wing. I wouldn't want to see a player of Young's talent wasted at United to be honest. If he plans to leave though, I'd have no idea where he'd go, Villa are the perfect club for him at the moment.
he wouldnt be wasted at all, he'd make that left wing his own. giggs has got about 12 months left in him. bebe is talented but very raw. plus young can play behind the striker, a place we need reinforcing

he wouldnt be wasted at all, he'd make that left wing his own. giggs has got about 12 months left in him. bebe is talented but very raw. plus young can play behind the striker, a place we need reinforcing

True, but you do have the problem that in that situation you have three talented players of a similar level, two of which can play on either flank. Who you choose is going to be difficult, especially when you consider out of the three only Valencia is a real old-school winger.

You need reinforcements for a support striker? I thought United either played a 4-4-2 with Rooney dropping off or a 4-3-3?

True, but you do have the problem that in that situation you have three talented players of a similar level, two of which can play on either flank. Who you choose is going to be difficult, especially when you consider out of the three only Valencia is a real old-school winger.

You need reinforcements for a support striker? I thought United either played a 4-4-2 with Rooney dropping off or a 4-3-3?
we also liked 4-2-3-1 when we can, especially as its pinned the midfield back and creates space for scholes, or they are forced to do a 1 on 1 marking job.

easy, young and nani, swapping flanks so they are going wide to cross on one side, and driving in on another. sounds like 06-09 all over again

we also liked 4-2-3-1 when we can, especially as its pinned the midfield back and creates space for scholes, or they are forced to do a 1 on 1 marking job.

easy, young and nani, swapping flanks so they are going wide to cross on one side, and driving in on another. sounds like 06-09 all over again

Ah, I didn't know.

I guess that'd work. You'd have to pay a nice wedge for your 06-09 recreation, though, how does over twenty mil sound? :P

Ah, I didn't know.

I guess that'd work. You'd have to pay a nice wedge for your 06-09 recreation, though, how does over twenty mil sound? :P
apparently he wants a release clause put in the contract too

apparently he wants a release clause put in the contract too

Oh, we'll give him a release clause. Of thirty mil.

Seriously, I was annoyed Barry left, but with Barry. I was sad Milner left, but happy that we got a good deal for him. I will be devastated if Young leaves for a pittance, no buts.

I hope Tottenham aren't interested anymore. We're more than adequate in midfield depth, thanks Redknapp.

If you fancy talking about Warnock though, I'm all ears.

I do think Villa are a good club for Young to be at right now. I still think when Valencia is fit, Nani will revert back to the left-wing at United.

I hope Tottenham aren't interested anymore. We're more than adequate in midfield depth, thanks Redknapp.

If you fancy talking about Warnock though, I'm all ears.

I do think Villa are a good club for Young to be at right now. I still think when Valencia is fit, Nani will revert back to the left-wing at United.
he'd have to, since valencia can only play right wing. though they offer you different options on the left so they could be picked as when required, ie i can valencia being picked for more defensive games, ie away against CL sides becuase hes much better defenisively

yeah the one thing spurs dont need is a midfielder.

young would do very well at united imo, but cant see anything happening this season

I hope he dosnt do a Rooney. Would be a shame for Villa if he were to leave hes a very talented player and id love to see him at Liverpool.

Back