How accurate are star ratings can a player exceed these expectations.

• Thread starter Thread starter lsamped
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5K

lsamped

Reaction score
I started a save with Napoli, and I am converting them to a four back team. I am in the market for full backs and I scouted a player that had a potential of 3stars. I looked at his attributes, and the attributes that pertained to full backs he was pretty high in for a 19 year old. How important and accurate is thee star rating compared to their actually attributes that are relevant to their position?

Not usual but yes... Either due to staff being unable to properly judge his potential (low staff attributes) or your club´s reputations (he could be 3 stars for Napoli, but only 2 stars or Milan).

I was told by somebody that the difference between the current ability and potential ability is how much the player will improve. Each half star means that they'll improve most stats by one. So, for example, it Mbaye Niang has a current ability of half a star, and his potential is 4 and a half stars, he'll improve most stats by 8.
Which attributes fall under the 'most' catergory - I don't know.

There is no rule... i had 200 PA regen judged as just 3 star before.

You got to look not just at stars but at important abilities, player personality (high determination and whether he has positive personality trait) , and strengths/weakneses reported by the scouts.

It's sort of hard to tell. I had Frimpong from Arsenal at the beginning 3.5 potential. My squad improved and it obviously went down to 3. Then he didn't get many games so 2.5. Recently he got a lot of games and it went back to 3. So it keeps varying depending on what's happening.
Also one player but just be different. I have a 4 star potential player. All my coaches say he's 4 star but my Assisstant says he's 2.5 stars. I'm taking the 8 coaches opinion over the 1. So don't bother to much on the PA, look at personality and other key stats. If he has good stats for his position he will do the job.

eg. Coquelin is a DM like Frimpong. He has better Attributes for me but for the DM position Frimpong is better. When it comes to other things like attacking it's Coquelin.

Stars are not too important I guess. If you believe in the guy's future, then give him a chance bro.

The stars are in relation to similar players at your club. So if Napoli's full backs aren't great than the scouted players will be rated higher.

Back