HOW? can´t sign players with less than 6 months contracts.

alexanderjh

Reaction score
I´ve played whit fleetwood. when january comes, time to get players for free, when there contracts end within 6 months. not possible. WHY?

First I thought maybe the club where halftime proff.

but then i tried with darlington, same problem. what am I doing wrong?
and can I do something to change it?

first time poster. hope to get some good feedback..

Jens, denmark

by the way. when the game start, there is no problem. signed hutchinson from kilmarnock, and got him 6 months later free.

Is it like that all the way up in the divisions. and why not, bosman ruling...

Yeah its the same all the way up the English leagues. No idea Why. Other teams in Europe can offer English players contracts around end Dec when theres 6 months left but English teams can't.

but i did. in the beginning of the season i signed hutchinson. his contract ended 1.jan 2012. no problem.

just checked it out. and you are right. can sign from other countrys. weird.
can other countrys sign from england?
and how ís it that the bosman ruling does not count in england?

Say your Milan and Tevez has 6 months left, you will be able to offer contract. No idea why bosman doesn't include England

so, its actually just english to/from english that cant be done.
english to other countrys, and other countrys to english is acceptabel

English teams can sign them if the player is offered a lower contract by their current employer or soemthing like that. However the AI never offers to lower contracts, so it doesn't happen! It can be frustrating when playing for a smaller English team and players get snapped up by foreign teams (Bohemians in Ireland always seem to ****** players I want) but it works borth ways. Scottish can't sign from Scottish for free until the contract is up, same with Irish etc. There are some really good Scottish youngsters who you can poach in the first season. Look up Rory McKenzie. Can't remember who he plays for but he's a MR.

Basically mate, what ever team you are from what ever country your in. You cant sign a player from the same country who has 6 months on his contract.

For example.

Liverpool couldn't sign Rooney from Man Utd in January on a free, but Barca could.
Barca couldn't sign Ronaldo from R Madrid on a free in January, but Man Utd could.

Hope that makes sense.

Basically mate, what ever team you are from what ever country your in. You cant sign a player from the same country who has 6 months on his contract.

For example.

Liverpool couldn't sign Rooney from Man Utd in January on a free, but Barca could.
Barca couldn't sign Ronaldo from R Madrid on a free in January, but Man Utd could.

Hope that makes sense.

That's wrong - it only works that way in England.

You can't sign players on pre-contracts from other English clubs until the player in question has a month left in his contract. You can, however, sign pre-contracts with players from any other club in the world provided they have 6 months or less remaining in their contract.

I get it. It´s a british rule. to protect the small clubs in real life. sucks in fm though.
just won the league with darlington, hope there are gold in the free transfer market in june....

Back