How can i become a football club manager in england?

Reaction score
my dream is to become a football club manager in england, but i wanna do my education alongside as well in england, as advertising is my other option, but i LOVE football and i dont think i can do justice to any other job so i wanted to know how a person could become a football manager in the UK...

Do your coaching badges and try and work your way up, or be a retired pro footballer.

why do you live? Are there any small time clubs around that you could apply to be a coach at? also as dunc said try and do your coaching badges

Do your uefa coaching badges and apply for any vacant positions.Its not going to be easy without good connections so i wouldnt aim too high.Start off in sunday league and just hope somebody notices your talent :)

im applying for my coaching course next year at 17 :) just do your badges and work your way up :)

I think a lot of jobs in football do depend on experience in the game, when I was looking into careers I wanted to consider scouting but I read that many jobs within football require some sort of footballing career before hand. Just do your badges but try to have a back-up plan incase it doesn't all go to plan.

Back