How can I get over it?

EdinsonCavani

Reaction score
Hello. I have a problem which annoys me and it happens in all of my careers. When I scored 3-4 or more goals in the first half, my team just stops attacking even if I send them all to attack and increase the tempo. I would be appreciated if anyone could help. Thank you.

They tend to get complacent. You need to scream to them to concentrate, even in an aggressive tone if it does not work the 1st time

Not only that, but the AI will be more defensive/cautious in the 2nd half so you'll need a different way of attacking them.

Not only that, but the AI will be more defensive/cautious in the 2nd half so you'll need a different way of attacking them.
Aren't they supposed to be more ambitious when the score was 4-0?

They tend to get complacent. You need to scream to them to concentrate, even in an aggressive tone if it does not work the 1st time
When I say I'm not pleased in an aggresive tone, they look upset and confused. When I say "Don't get relaxed!", they look unmotivated and confused.

At half time, if you are winning by 3 or 4, you should say that they where very good. During the match, you need to check if they get complacent, not in half time.

And you cannot say you are not pleased, for God sake, you are winning by 3 or 4!!! Say they've played very well at the end of the game.

If you kill your teams morale, you will loose a lot of games, careful with what you say to them.

At half time, if you are winning by 3 or 4, you should say that they where very good. During the match, you need to check if they get complacent, not in half time.

And you cannot say you are not pleased, for God sake, you are winning by 3 or 4!!! Say they've played very well at the end of the game.

If you kill your teams morale, you will loose a lot of games, careful with what you say to them.

Mostly, I say that they are playing very well. But the second half passes without any important position.

And get hammered 8-0?

I would attack more if I was beating by 4-0 because there is nothing I can lose.

Same thing happened again. First half's score is 3-1 and in the second half complete nothing.

Last edited:
I would attack more if I was beating by 4-0 because there is nothing I can lose.

Everyone else would realise that they are up against a very strong team who just scored 4 in 45 mins. There's not much hope but to go defensive and hope for a lucky counter or set-piece goal.

If they go defensive, you need to change tactic, otherwise, you will not get nothing more. Last night i was winning 6-0 against Vilareal at the 25 min, and only concluded 4 more in the rest of the game. Should i get angry?? OFC not, since they went all in defense and i've changed my tactic to suit their defensive.

But, imo, you should just be happy with 3 points, plenty of goals and use the 2nd half to rest the players, using the take a breath TI.

I guess I'm really greedy. In FM 14, I was winning 8-0 over Rayo Vallecano in the first half. In the second half, I raised the tempo and tell them to only focus on attack.

Have a look at this (plus the shouts during matches as previously explained by others). Its for previous version but still works:http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...amtalk-guide-fm14-how-get-right-reaction.html

Also, its not just a matter of morale. You need to watch matches on extended at least and spot changes (is your team under pressure suddenly? Where from?) and react accordingly.

I have a number of tweaks I employ for second halves to keep people away: for example i turn my "fbs" from iwb support and cwb support to fbs support etc

Back