Bosniak

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Two weeks ago I started a casual game with Manchester City, thinking, that I want to finally create my own tactic and stick with it and polish it until near perfection. Hence why i choose Manchester City - Playing them is like playing on 'Very Easy', and i want to start out with bigger teams and after i feel I've reached what I could with City, id like to move on to smaller teams with my own tactic, and hopefully have the same succes, meaning one day i will upload it all on here :) .

Okay, so let's begin. My team is of high quality. Khaldoon has let me spend like mad, but demanded that i won the PL. I started out with a 4-3-2-1, but during the season I've changed Individual Instructions and Team Instructions a few times, until I found something consistent(Or at least close to it). So at the moment i have - Defensive FB's, Ball-Playing DC's(with Stopper & Cover) - MLR on Support, Deep-Lying Playmaker on Defend, Two AMC Trequatrista and one Advanced Forward.

Here are a few Screenshots.

Formation:
Formation.png

Team Instructions:
TeamInstructions-1.jpg

Squad:
Team1.png

Fixtures:
Fixtures.jpg

Best Results:
Valencia.png

Tottenham.png

Manutd.png

LOSCLille.png

Chelsea.png

Arsenal.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the tactic works fine. I bought Hamsik, Diego, Krasic and Valbuena during the Winter-Break, and it of course had its effect, with Krasic and Diego being most effective of those 4.

I played very good, being no. 2 most of the time in PL, but ended 3.rd due to end of season it was impossible to catch united. Lost in 4.rnd in FA-Cup. Got to the League Cup Final against Leeds, but lost. But then ... I somehow seemed to be in incredible form in the Champions Leauge, and it ended up with me winning Champions League in my very first season, but the major reason for that is most probably the players i have at my disposal.

So with the help of the pictures ive shown, what do you guys think I can do to improve my overall performance? I clearly have the team for it, and the tactic is nearly there. But its a rough if not very rough diamond, that needs to be polished! :D

I'd appriciate any input, and I'll upload the tactic if someone wants to see it first hand :) .

Thanks in advance.

Personally I would only have 1 Trequatrista (Diego) make sure hes set to 'move into channels', I'd set up Silva as an inside forward,
I dont know how De Jong hasn't struggled in your formation though, too much space for me (but you seem to have dealt with that)

Depending on how you set your AMC's, If you set your ML/MR to cut inside they should have a lot of space.

Your pressing seems to be set right as if you set it to press more, the spaces in the formation might become exposed.

Personally I would only have 1 Trequatrista (Diego) make sure hes set to 'move into channels', I'd set up Silva as an inside forward,
I dont know how De Jong hasn't struggled in your formation though, too much space for me (but you seem to have dealt with that)

Depending on how you set your AMC's, If you set your ML/MR to cut inside they should have a lot of space.

Your pressing seems to be set right as if you set it to press more, the spaces in the formation might become exposed.

I would never let my MR/L cut inside as they will do it from deep, away from goal, regardless if the space is the hole is already crowded. dribbling sideways, you just loosing tempo

Instead, my best advice would be to let the wingers huge the touchline ( with the ball move) and provide them with a free role( off the ball movement). This way, they will stay wide with the ball and when not in possession, they will seek free space. If the space is found inside after the AMC have dragged the defence apart then they will move there , if the space is found out wide, they will stay wide and if the space is found in the center of the park, then they will act as central midfielders

I would never let my MR/L cut inside as they will do it from deep, away from goal, regardless if the space is the hole is already crowded. dribbling sideways, you just loosing tempo

Instead, my best advice would be to let the wingers huge the touchline ( with the ball move) and provide them with a free role( off the ball movement). This way, they will stay wide with the ball and when not in possession, they will seek free space. If the space is found inside after the AMC have dragged the defence apart then they will move there , if the space is found out wide, they will stay wide and if the space is found in the center of the park, then they will act as central midfielders

Fair enough, as long as your teams AI is already taking advantage of the space theres nothing to be gained from cutting inside. If your fullbacks are playing defensively as well you probably need the wide players there.

I would still argue that having 2 trequatrista's is 1 too many.

Great input, guys.

Ive changed ML/R to Hug the Touchline with Roam from Position(If thats what you meant by a "Free Role"), and im soon about to test it, in a pre-season friendly. I'll post an update.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Hmm, i'm not overly impressed by the performance :-(

I made Diego Trequatrista and Silva inside Forward, and the MLR on "Roam from position" and hug touchline.

The friendly and result:
lose.png