How can i stop dropping points away from home?

amccabe4

Reaction score
Probably something very simple that i'm not doing, nevertheless, I'm going out of my mind!
I'm currently managing Celtic, using a Balanced 4-4-2 Attacking formation with shorter passing and man marking. I'm destroying teams at home, even getting results against bigger teams but whenever i play away i'm dropping points to nearly everyone. Looking at the stats i'm not creating as many chances but my possession is still 55% in most games and i'm getting more shots on target than the opposition.
I've tryed changing to a controlled outset but that seems to stop me creating as many chances.
Is there anything anyone thinks i should try? A new formation completely or would you say that it's just a couple of things i need to tweak?
Sorry for no screenshots, i'm a newbie and not sure if they'd necessarilly help with this query.:p

Results have been so far:

Celtic 4 - 0 Dundee Utd Aberdeen 1 -1 Celtic
Celtic 0 - 0 Arsenal Hibs 1 - 0 Celtic
Celtic 5 - 0 Hearts St Mirren 1 -1 Celtic
Celtic 4 - 0 St Johnstone Arsenal 2 - 0 Celtic
Raith 0 - 3 Celtic

so playing at old trafford should net you as many chances as playing at home...............................

and for emphasis..............................................

playing away from home your not supposed to win 9-0 but 1-0
(you get the point)

use controll or counter and if/when your team playes better than the opposition, change to more attacking