How can i transform My PC into a gaming console?

• Thread starter Thread starter conway
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 607

conway

Reaction score
I have no money at this time.Can Anyone tell me what is the difference between PC gaming And Console gaming,What are the advantages & disadvantages of gaming consoles or how can i transform my pc into a gaming console?

Console Advantages:
  • Hardware is cheaper.
  • Simplicitity - Just stick the game in and play.

PC Advantages:
  • Keyboard & Mouse :wub:
  • Online Gaming

Both have their disadvantages, but neither will likely make a difference to your decision.

I think it depends on what genre of games you like playing also, some games are just so much better on PC than on a console version, but majority of the latest games do require your PC to be of a certain spec.

Only way you can transform your PC to be able to play the latest games with no graphics or lag issues is by upgrading which obviously costs money.

Pc gaming is a very expensive hobby :) if you are planning to purchase a new Graphics card (if you want to keep up with the latest games and have no lags etc) every say 2 years , this will cost you around 350 quid which is the same if not less than the Xbox Elite or the PS3 !!
(here in SA a top of the range card is about R7400) now you would also need to upgrade Motherboard or RAM etc etc...

with a console, its plug and play mate, you wont have to deal with installations and crashes, viruses, freezes, having to lower your Anti Anialiasing so that your pc wont explode like a volcano!

consoles are the easier way to go, if you have a decent PC like mine (AMD Duo 4.8 ghz, overclocked, 2 gigs DDR2 Corsair Transcend Ram, 600gb Seagate Barracuda's about 3 Harddrives seperate, a Gigabute Pro Sli Motherboard, Gigabyte 8800GTX Ultra (786mb RAM) awesome card but now a little old and a Samsung 22' HD LCD with Micrsoft Habu mouse and 5.1 surround sound speakers with Senheiser HD450 Earphones as well!

i was considering selling my system to fund my console ( i dont need to as i have the money anyway, but my gf might give me **** having both)

now if you have a decent system, advertise and see how much ppl are willing to offer, if you can sell it and afford a console then do it, but as mentioned above, some games are better on PC, but alot of companies ie. EA Sports for FIFA etc offer slim to f all upgrading etc for their Pc games and alot of companies are following suit and spending most of their money on Console games!

i am still decding whether or not to get a PS3 or the new 250g Xbox, but do the fact that a new motherboord or 3D card are the same price as the console, i have decided to take the step to console gaming!

Back