How Do I Get My Best Penalty Taker to Actually HIT Penalties?

• Thread starter Thread starter waywardzzt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

waywardzzt

Reaction score
So I'm doing a lower league game and I've made my way up to English League 2. Things are going good so far, but there is one problem I'd like some help with.

I have a striker who is especially good at penalties on paper. He (Marko Mitrovic) has strong composure, finishing, penalties, and is head and shoulders above anyone else on my squad.

Over the last two seasons, he has missed 5 straight penalties. His confidence is always high. He shoot well when it isn't a penalty situation. Is there anything I can do to straighten this out?

Put his Individual Training Focus on penalties.

Problem is that he has a Penalty rating of 15, a finishing rating of 13, and a composure rating of 13. All tops on my squad. Remember, this is league 2 we're talking about here.

Guess I'm just unlucky?

Problem is that he has a Penalty rating of 15, a finishing rating of 13, and a composure rating of 13. All tops on my squad. Remember, this is league 2 we're talking about here.

Guess I'm just unlucky?

Pablo Counago has scored 16 missed 3 over 2 and a bit seasons so far, you've just been unlucky. I also signed Marko Mitrovic on a free and he ended up being awful for me (6.4 rating) He just didn't work playing alongside anyone! Hope you are getting more out of him.

Pablo Counago has scored 16 missed 3 over 2 and a bit seasons so far, you've just been unlucky. I also signed Marko Mitrovic on a free and he ended up being awful for me (6.4 rating) He just didn't work playing alongside anyone! Hope you are getting more out of him.
Never was able to sign Pablo. Scouts didn't find him -- I'm playing quasi LLM with only using the scouting info that is available to me instead of shortlists.

As for MM, he was doing not too great for me until I moved him to an attacking poacher and made him the target man. Then he got around 25 goals in 30 games for me. A good number of assists as well. Unfortunately I've seen a significant drop off since I hit L2 I swear recently he gets woodwork at least once a game and outright misses an easy shot once a game. I'll let you know if all the individual team talks etc work.

Back