How do I restructure the Scottish league system?

• Thread starter Thread starter Thestaggy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2K

Thestaggy

Reaction score
Hey folks.

First up, I am an absolute novice at editing games. My editing forays routinely "crash" the game. I would really like to overhaul th Scottish league system though by a number of ways;

1 - I want to move Celtic and Rangers into the English Premier League. To accomodate that, I would like to expand the English Premier League into a 22-team league.

2 - Then, what I would like to do in Scotland is;
2.1 - Create a new 16-team Premier League playing 30 games and using the SPL's European places (winner qualifies for Champions' League, 2-4 get into Europa League, 16 place automatically relegated, 14th & 15th play a 2 legged relegation playoff with the loser going down),
2.2 - Create a new 12 team First Division playing 38 games based on the old SPL format (winner is automatically promoted, 2nd and 3rd play a 2 legged promotion playoff, winner goes up, 12th place is automatically relegated, 10th & 11th play a 2 legged relegation playoff with the loser going down) &
2.3 - Create a new 12 team Second Division playing 38 games based on the old SPL format (winner is automatically promoted, 2nd and 3rd play a 2 legged promotion playoff).

3 - Remove Rangers & Celtic from the Scottish Cup competitions and move them into the English Cup competitions.

Would this be a helluva task, seeing that I am very inexperienced with this kind of stuff?

2.2 and 2.3 cant have 38 games if theres 12 teams. There will be 33 games or 44(multiples of 11)

But other than that it isnt that big of a challenge. Most of the editing will be in the rules. Not sure about the cup competitions though as I havnt done this before./

2.2 and 2.3 cant have 38 games if theres 12 teams. There will be 33 games or 44(multiples of 11)/

Surely it can? The game generates the Scottish Premier League (which is a licensed league within the game to boot) and it is a 12 team leauge that plays 38 games. First phase is 33 games, then the league breaks into two halves of 6 and you play 5 games, giving you 38. 44 games just seems excessive for a 12 team league, while 33 games looks odd.

Back