How do you deal with long GK kicks?

Uygar89

Reaction score
I noticed how almost every premier league team is playing anti football after a while. The keeper just kicks the ball long, striker wins the header and another one is running through... I tried everything, from having CBs with 16+ jumping up to reducing the D-line... somehow it does not help...

I pray to several different deities. It works sometimes.
And put hard tackling and tight marking on targetmans, but i concede a few of these goals anyway. For me the most infuriating is when the striker stands behind the Defender and pushes him or makes him miss the header and runs alone with the ball

The reason for this (Yes I hate it too because I don't think a top division player should struggle with dealing with a Goal Kick) is often your players in the backline (so FBs and CBs) are not aggressive enough to contest. What is worse is sometimes the striker will bring the ball down and actually turn and dribble at your defence like it's nothing. The best thing to understand though is that FM seems to not believe one v one's are good chances given the low conversation rate they have. I'd suggest getting a keeper with good one v ones, alternatively playing a DM to help with that as well.

I noticed how almost every premier league team is playing anti football after a while. The keeper just kicks the ball long, striker wins the header and another one is running through... I tried everything, from having CBs with 16+ jumping up to reducing the D-line... somehow it does not help...
Maybe try pressing the GK more, make him make rash decisions.