Jakey2303

Reaction score
Hello all, just been looking at various ways to find regens as usually I just wait for my scouts to find them for me and it got me wondering... what do you find the best way to find the best regens before they get snapped up by a big club? Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

A few days after new regens are added every season check the U19 squads of the club (the big ones usually), and sort the player by their value and there you go, the best regens. (at least that's how I do it, and it's very succesful)

Dontn rely on your scouts regardless of how good they are. Manual searching is by far the best way to find regens. You need to go have a look at the youh teams of big clubs..or ideally as many clubs a possible. Have a look at South American clubs too..especially teams like Velez, Corinthians, Boca, Sao Paolo etc. Also have a look at the youth teams of national sides. The best regens are usually lurking in there somewhere. You have to spend a considerable time scouting manually. Sort players by value..look for regens with high work rate and determination, and professional/ambitious/determined personalities. You are the best scout you have. Use yourself. Haha.

What malhar said..
Also, you can go to the "World" tab, then go - transfers - youth intake to see all the regens that have entered your game. Then just manually go through them all. It takes time but it's way worth it if you get the next messi on a bosman.
I don't bother with scouts tbh, normally get a few just to scout individual regions that I know produce quality (south america, central europe etc) incase I've missed any.
You might to look up the regen dates to see when they all come through.

Genie Scout, I don't regard it as cheating, some may, but I bet most people do, it's the only real true way to find the players with the best potential accurately

Explain us how to use Genie Scout for finding the best regens.

I do all the manual scouting by looking through youth teams, but Genie Scout is by far the best, its not cheating its like having an expert scout! search ages 14-17 or 18 and put in potential abilty as 180 and work your way down to about 155 to find the best regens!!

Genie Scout.. I used to go through the method of seaching for players under 18 with a high attribute in something like finishing or whatever.. Usually found a few, but now I just cba as it wastes so much time.. Genie Scout saves me hours, and I would hardly call it cheating considering how **** scouts are on FM

Just wondering, people who use Genie Scout..do you ever experience the joy of stumbling upon a gem in some Godforsaken second-division South American club or something? Or can you see every single player's PA if they exist in the game? I mean, if as adadrobt says, you can list players according to their PA, then do ALL players with 180 PA appear in the list? Because in the game, only the players who your scouts manage to find appear in the filter.

yhh basically you filter them out so you can put age as: 14-18 years old and then PA: 180, this will then list all the 14-18 years old with the potential of 180, and so on if you put PA as: 155 it will list all the players in the game with PA of 155. Every player that exists in the game is listed, so at the start of the game if you dont put in an age but set PA at: 190, you will have Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo all listed, you can also filter it out as CA (current ability) and by any stat you wish like finishing, heading ect.

I have stumbled across loads of gems, especially in Africa with teams ive never heard of, and also lower division french teams generate some pretty good talent. What i do is have a look at their potential stats, so you see their stats as they are at the present time and then stats that they potentially can get too, decide whether i want them, give them a trial and sign them!

Just wondering, people who use Genie Scout..do you ever experience the joy of stumbling upon a gem in some Godforsaken second-division South American club or something? Or can you see every single player's PA if they exist in the game? I mean, if as adadrobt says, you can list players according to their PA, then do ALL players with 180 PA appear in the list? Because in the game, only the players who your scouts manage to find appear in the filter.

In Genie Scout just because it says they have a set PA doesn't mean they will ever reach it.. It still requires some skill when buying playing just cuts out a lot of the time trying to find players/

yhh basically you filter them out so you can put age as: 14-18 years old and then PA: 180, this will then list all the 14-18 years old with the potential of 180, and so on if you put PA as: 155 it will list all the players in the game with PA of 155.

Try my way:

Age 15-19 (19 max because they need a few years of unexpected 1st team football to gain CA like a mf)
CA: 100+
PA: 165+

Optional (if you're returning lots of results):
EU national
Value < ?5m

You make millions/ grow an amazing squad.

Try my way:

Age 15-19 (19 max because they need a few years of unexpected 1st team football to gain CA like a mf)
CA: 100+
PA: 165+

Optional (if you're returning lots of results):
EU national
Value < ?5m

You make millions/ grow an amazing squad.

and the good thing about that way too is if you have selected EU, then you might have to apply for a work permit!

I think i may give this way a go too then cheers mate!

and the good thing about that way too is if you have selected EU, then you might have to apply for a work permit!

I think i may give this way a go too then cheers mate!

No problem. Ideally you're looking for anybody u17 with around 100CA, but if you don't find anyone just loosen it up a bit. Maybe go for 80 or 90CA but increase potential etc, just play around! Don't forget how important Ambition and possibly Work Rate are to fulfilling PA

In Genie Scout just because it says they have a set PA doesn't mean they will ever reach it.. It still requires some skill when buying playing just cuts out a lot of the time trying to find players/

ahh okay then. ah welll

Usually I just check the u21 or u19 national teams of the bigger national teams (Spain, England, Italy, etc) and some of the smaller ones that at times produce quality regens (Morocco, Burkina Faso, etc). Then I just sort it by the highest value first, and voila. There we go :L

scouting or just the search filter, for example age under 16 and a few attributes around 10 to spot a potential wonderkid in a certain role

I steal all of them from clairefontaine ACADEMY in France!!!