how do you get out of a bad run ?

• Thread starter Thread starter bcfc345
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 6K

bcfc345

Reaction score
How do people go about getting out of a bad run of form, im like 6 seasons in and we have never lost 5 in a row ? usually i just go really rigid and defensive which is frustrating when you are playing teams ou should be beating, i think i just need a win and we will be fine but getting it is a nightmare, last year i was in the prem and we were great finished like 9th and won the fa cup now with an improved team we cant win?

Any suggestions?

(do what grobbelaar mentioned first) however, this could also backfire, so be careful..

organize a really, really easy game midweek (even if you tire your players a bit, maybe just before an easier league game) and thrash them, that increases morale...

offer your players new contacts, that always cheers them up

Not proud but i went all sam allardyce and huffed the ball up to crouch from every opportunity for the flick on, played really rigid. And in regards to the team meeting i do that a lot actually and usually works but apparently my captain said 'we seem to have alot of these meeting nowadays' lmao

Not proud but i went all sam allardyce and huffed the ball up to crouch from every opportunity for the flick on, played really rigid. And in regards to the team meeting i do that a lot actually and usually works but apparently my captain said 'we seem to have alot of these meeting nowadays' lmao

Was going to say use them sparingly (I never have more than 2 a season, and that's if we're doing awful)

1) Talk to key players individually.
2) Organise a team meeting.
3) Organise friendlies with really weak opposition. Take these very seriously. Use your starting XI and try to give drubbings.

And the most important:

4) Change tactic(s)

Actually a combination of doing all of the above anyway ensures that my teams never go on bad runs ...

1) Talk to key players individually.
2) Organise a team meeting.
3) Organise friendlies with really weak opposition. Take these very seriously. Use your starting XI and try to give drubbings.

And the most important:

4) Change tactic(s)

Actually a combination of doing all of the above anyway ensures that my teams never go on bad runs ...

ahh thats cool but what do you say to your key players?

I was going to say switch to Rigid, Contain and play long balls, make yourself hard to beat for a while, then if possible have a change of players somewhat in transfer window.
And slowley change tactics again to be more adventures.

I generally play the sam way, I have a big CF and two very attacking wingers who pick up scraps from flick ons.
My Free centre midfielders are all very defence minded.

I dont loose many games

Back