How do you improve attendances/reputation?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sambo Egg
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4K

Sambo Egg

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering how you can quickly improve attendances and reputation. I was 4 seasons into the game as CDN from Liga Zon Sagres and I finished 6th, then 5th, then 4th, then 3rd. Yet my reputation stayed virtually the same and I was only achieving ~6000 a game in comparison to Benfica's ~60,000.

I think reputation has something to do with it. But, with that said, mine didn't improve. I've started a new save as Sutton Utd since then and obviously this will become applicable in the future again. I'd just like to know how to counter this issue please?

Thanks,

-Sam

Attendance, if you're in a low league, doing well, getting promotions will bring in more fans

reputation - signing big name players to the club, getting promoted, winning big games

Well, I'm fairly new to the FM series. I only picked it up last year. But, I think that's a good achievement since CDN's media prediction for the first season is 8th and its stadium holds fewer than 8,500 people. You also have to bear in mind that Sporting, Braga and Porto rule the roost when it comes to Portugal and it's some accomplishment trying to beat them. I also won the league cup twice in a row, got into the Semis of the Europa League vs. Bayern Munich and got into the last 16 of the Champions League. But I didn't think this was the place to boast about achievements.

All I was looking for was a short and sweet answer that 'xelliotx' gave me. I don't need silly digs from supposéd FM veterans. Give me a chance.

I have the same sort of question about reputation. I'm going to hi jack your thread if you don't mind. I'm managing HAL in the Indian National Football League, I have won every competition in India for 2 straight years and yet my reputation has gone down both seasons? I can't really explain this, I would assume that winning all the competitions would increase the reputatoin of the club. Any info or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

OK guys there are other factors, Benfica is in the city of Lisbon, which has a pop of 600000, FM has these types of things programmed in, so there are a lot of clubs that are in more regional areas which would not have large Populations. What Im saying is you cannot fill a stadium if there isnt people in the local area to come to it. Also if you are in a city with another team remember you are sharing that population and fanbase.

Just adding on here. x] Take for example the premier league, go back a few seasons and you had the big four? They were all situated in big populated cities. Chelsea and Arsenal were in London, Manchester United and Liverpool, were up in the North West very close to each other. London and Manchester/Liverpool are the most populated cities in the country so it would make sense that they had huge fanbases. Even when the big four became the big 6, Tottenham is still from London and Manchester City is a bit self-explanatory.

You are welcome. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more queries. :)

Thank you! Nice to know this community is a little more mature than the EA FIFA ones!

score goals. goals put butts in the seats. also its hard building rep in portugal as most teams are pretty weak. you need to win competitions if you play in portugal.

its hard to build attendence
for example i was managing Busan in K-League for 4 years in which i won 7 trophies (1 CH 3 league titles etc) but my attendence only increased from 5k to 9k and they got a 50k stadium i think, only sellouts were the competition finals, really frustrated me, cuz it hurt our finances , i left eventually for Sampdoria

Back