• Thread starter Thread starter PR4WNSTAR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5K

PR4WNSTAR

Reaction score
I bought Niang, Forgetting he was french :P
Do i just leave him and he'll learn it?

Players pick up languages the more time they spend in that country but some learn quicker than others. 6 months or so and generally most of my players have learnt English, even if it is basic.

it also helps if you have players who speak the same language and have similar personalities to tutor the younger player off the field (i used this for Van Bommel tutoring Zaha)

Ok, cheers :)
How do you get someone to mentor him?

Last edited:
Would a players personality type have anything to do with this? I'm not sure if it does, I'm just wondering.

look for traits in media handling and the actual personalities like sporting and professional, it they are determined and short tempered they don't like being mentored

also when you do the private chats with the older player to get them to mentor the younger one sometimes they don't get on and you shouldn't try to force them to tutor, if you do and it goes wrong they dislike you, just a heads up

Last edited:
wouldn't determined mean that they are more likely to learn the language?

The value in adaptability should be the biggest part in learning a new language, it's visible on non-player staff and doesn't have much to do with the personality described in teh scout report or information tab? I've had players for 450 days+ who still didn't have basic skill in the language spoken in the land they played. Scout reports can sometimes tell if a player adapts hard or easy to live in another country.

Back