how do you pick your starting 11?

• Thread starter Thread starter komk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 8K

komk

Reaction score
I have a question. How do you pick your team for a game?.
Do you let your coach to pick the players?
Do you chose the players with better morale?.
I let my coach with the higher tactical knowledge to pick my team. is this bad?

I have a question. How do you pick your team for a game?.
Do you let your coach to pick the players?
Do you chose the players with better morale?.
I let my coach with the higher tactical knowledge to pick my team. is this bad?

It's bad but not entirely 'whoah you shouldn't be in charge' stuff. You're the boss, you should be picking the team. But each to their own.

I have a regular 11 and always pick them. If one or more players' forms drop, I rotate to see which players does the duty when needed. But 9 times out of 10 I'll pick the same team that played last week's game.

I usually watch games carefully in pre-season and sub often to see how different players play. Sometimes statistics don't show you that a particular player is just messing up the game for you or that another one is crucial for how your team plays. From that I build my theoretical best 11 - i.e. my starting team if everyone is match fit and in good form. Every game I choose a line-up that's as close to this theoretical one as possible. If a player needs rest (has the "rst" icon), I take him out for one game. Same with injuries or really low condition. One thing I do try to avoid is playing players out of position.

It depends on who I start with, if it is a big team, I know roughly what players will be regulars, but if it is a team I don't know much about, I will look at the team report to see who is best.

A big team example is Man Utd, I know my first choice XI for them, and rotate players with the next best in the positions when I need to.

An example of a team that I'm not as familiar with are Dinamo, I had to look at the team report to see which players were the best for each position.

I simply pick an 11 that has fitness over 90% and a good looking morale... I disagree with keeping the same 11 playing throughout a season unless they are simply winning every game. I tend to use squad rotation, but all depends on who I come up against, how long the players have had to rest and which tactics I employ!

I know my preferred Starting XI which plays big games or when they're all fit. I then look at the schedule and rotate in order to keep my best players fit for the big games.

i look at their current form and compare them to players in their position. Then i look at their fitness and match condition to make sure it's above 95%. Then i listen to what my assistant says in other games so i can counter any specific threats in the next game

I go by who has fitness over 95%. Nothing really else matters for me.

If I am managing a club then I rotate in and out to keep the team fresh. If a player is playing well then I tend to let him have a longer stint before rotating him out. Likewise if I have a player who has more of an impact of the bench then he will very rarely start. It works for me.
If I am doing a National team then I will find an 11 that works and stick with it, maybe switch things up if I play a San Marino but if available the same 11 will start.

I try to build a first team squad of around 25 players, in such a way that I can have 2 first elevens. So I don't just pick the theoretical best 11 and then have a second 11.

I try to carefully balance the attributes in each 11, including not just their footballing stats, but also which languages they speak. I often buy Spanish and Portuguese speaking players, so find it better to keep them playing together where possible as it aids communication.

Although I try to get 2 fairly even first 11s, one team is usually a bit better than the other, so I usually use this team to play league games and the other 11 to play cup games, whilst occasionally using this team for league games when the other 11 is tired. I try not to switch players between the 2 teams, as I like them to get used to playing together. I would rather use the spare players in my squad as cover for injuries, bans etc.

I find that this works well for me as players are almost always above 95% fit when they play, they all get enough football so that I don't get too many complaints and each 11 plays together all the time, with as much language commonality as possible, so they gel really well.

Works for me.

support
gfg.gif

Back