How do you pick your team?

• Thread starter Thread starter eat260
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

eat260

Reaction score
Hey just wondering how do you guys go about picking a team I've only had 2 teams I've enjoyed for more then a season I'm just wondering do you go by squad sizes transfer budget or what?

Thanks
eat260

In terms of buying players or signing new players? Or are you talking about picking from the players you already have in the squad?

In terms of buying players or signing new players? Or are you talking about picking from the players you already have in the squad?

I think he means what team to choose for your save.

I always have three saves: Arsenal, Espanyol, and a 'journeyman' where I start in the BSN/BSS.

I think it depends what you want to do, I like to do ex pro managerial careers, eg. I have Vinnie Jones - AFC Wimbledon; Manchester City - Ali Benarbia ; and currently Ajax - Jari Litamanen...

It gives me a style to aim for, eg Vinnie Jones - has a team of muscle and power, 442 defensive / counter.
Ali Benarbia - has a team of young talents and ageing Model Pros, for a 4231 attacking
Jari Litamanen - has a team full of players that can play for than 3 roles in the Total Voetbal style... (I was told I couldn't do Cruijff,,, boooo)

But also I like doing the Pentagon Challenge as me.... building a career slowly and only moving clubs when I had the double (League and Champions League in same season) and I can't leave that continent until I win the World Cup with a International team... eg i've completed USA and San Jose Earthquakes (NORTH AMERICA) and Beijing Guo'an and Japan (still waiting for World Cup to come round) (ASIA)

Depends how you want to pick for my ex pro ones, I pick the ex pro first and then look at old clubs

but I will decide on clubs that I can expand generally easily, I set my manager targets based on how I'd think he would run things...

eg. I started one on last years game when I was watching MOTD, and Lee Dixon was just all over it and was spot on for me so I started a Arsenal Career and I'm England U21 manager, where I only play home-grown players for Arsenal but have starting expanding the youth recruitment by expanding my scouting knowledge and getting feeder clubs for youth recruitment benefits!!

You do not even want to know how I chose a team(K). Ok I chose a team by club name, nickname, or region that appeals to me. Never finances or stature. I can build wealth and reputation.

For me

Rule 1. Must be at least 3 levels down
Rule 2. Must have played in top flight at least one season (this rule can be broken)
Rule 3. Must be in a fairly large or highly "attractive" city

other factors include
A. League foreign player rules. In my opinion, France strikes the perfect balance; you can snag as many great African wonders as you want, but you can't load up on brazilian/argentines.
B. City appeal from personal perspective

The three saves over the years that I've enjoyed the most have been:
1. RC Strasbourg: I've visited this city and find it beautiful, it's in France, usually in 2nd league or lower. It has some decent facilities and a decent footballing history.
2. Venezia: Beautiful city where opposition must take boat to the stadium! Small but fiercely loyal supporters. Has played in Serie A but have hit hard times. Small stadium but large population allows for growth. Bonus: Cool kits and your logo is of a flying ******* lion.
3. Estrela Amadora (Portugal): Not a beautiful city, but one of the largest in the nation. Has a history in top league and is affiliated with the big 3 in nation. Cool badge/kits and a city population to build on made it attractive.

I suggest getting emotionally attached to a small team, understand their real history and the towns history. Go into editor and redesign their kits to your liking.

Thanks all I just felt like asking how people picked there team

I hate being big clubs, I like to micro-manage as much as possible and this is near impossible with a top flight team. I tend to start in the BSN/S with a small squad and a Sunday League Footballer reputation and build from there - I find it much more exciting when I know all my players and staff.

Usually always have a Liverpool and a WBA save in every game. Long term saves are either full journeyman usually starting out in the back end of Europe somewhere or taking the lowest tier team I can find up to Champions league.

Start off with what I know (Arsenal). Then I take a non-league team to winning the Champions league. I usually do a big-ish foreign team next , and finally I start with a small team and make it a 'journeyman' save!

Usually pick a random BSS/N team and work my way up and play untill for unknown reasons my save game doesnt work anymore :( usually after 15 seasons.

I play as Bayern #1 because it's my favorite team. I also like Chelsea so I have a save for that too. I am also working on an Alessandria (Italian Serie C2/A) save; made it to Serie A, won the Champions league x1 and Italian cup x3 (2020 now) but I have never won the league... Trying to make it the most reputable team in the world :)

Also slowly working on a BSBN/BSBS save but I cannot decide which team I want to bring up :S Alessandria seemed easier

Oh and I have a AS Monaco save as well, just because their tax rate is so low and they have a sugar daddy, so I will try to emulate them in real life :) (maybe not Falcao, but I will look to bring in Lewandowski and other top players via signings)

Back