How do you play the Game - Tactical Discussion

start from scratch every time, I have my 3 favourite formations which I use:

1) 4-4-2 (Attacking wingers) Manchester United style
2) 4-3-3 (Defensive mid)
3) 4-3-3 (Amc)

I have made set player roles/positions through constant tweaking and wathcing the games:

1) Michael Carrick role
2) Anderson and Cleverley type roles
3) Ashley Young and Nani type roles
4) Van der Vaart type role for Amc
5) Rooney role

I implement these into my tactics, depending on the formation I go with! I have two set team instructions I use, pressing & man marking which I have at least 2 players closing down the ball carrier, if playing as smaller teams this does not work, it only works well with Barca (Barca style closing down, tires the players out quickly though) and stand off & zonal marking (United style defending, allowing the opposing team to come onto them and get dispossessed and countered clinically every time)

I play with a playmaker in the Amc and 4-4-2 tactics (Van der Vaart/Rooney roles) and for the Amc tactic I have a quick fast poacher playing through balls for him to run onto, but at the same time having my wingers and fullbacks drilling crosses to his feet! This is a very effective tweak I have made for my tactics.

I dont worry too much about passes and getting one of my players over the 100 passing mark, its not my focus of creating tactics, alot of the time my Cm's and fullbacks get over like 70 passes each (more than 1 player) I focus on playing beautiful, quick free flowing football that is realistic and creates as many CCC' as possible while operating defensively at the same time!

Here are a few examples of the team instructions I use and a few SS of some of the matches I have played so far in Fm12 using my new tactic :) The most CCC's I have got in a game: 11 vs Wigan below!

View attachment 198124View attachment 198125View attachment 198126View attachment 198127View attachment 198128View attachment 198129

Link to the tactic:

Edge of Glory™ by Raikan007 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats